Ujjain official found to possess Rs.2 crore assetsJanuary 11th, 2010 - 5:04 pm ICT by IANS
Bhopal, Jan 11 (IANS) Unaccounted assets worth over Rs.2 crore have been found during search operations conducted at the houses of Ujjain Additional Collector Prahlad Amarchiva in Madhya Pradesh, an official said Monday.
“A Lokayukta (ombudsman) squad raided the house and other premises of Additional Collector Prahlad Amarchiva in Ujjain Sunday and unearthed cash, jewellery and properties worth over Rs.2 crore,” said Superintendent of Police (Lokayukta) Avinash Sharma.
Amarchiva is posted as protocol officer in Ujjain district.
Two teams comprising 30 sleuths reached Amarchiya’s house in Ujjain and at another house in village Dhabla Madhosingh of Mandsaur district and found jewellery worth Rs.1.25 lakh, insurance policies worth Rs.8 lakh, documents relating to fixed deposits and several bank accounts and Rs.1.25 lakh cash.
“The house in which Amarchiya lives in Ujjain alone is worth over Rs.55 lakh and papers related to land worth over Rs.40 lakh were also found during the raids,” said Sharma, adding a disproportionate assets case would be registered after the investigation was complete.
- Rs.5 crore-worth assets seized from Madhya Pradesh sub-engineer - Dec 15, 2011
- Madhya Pradesh peon worth Rs.12 crore - Dec 08, 2011
- Madhya Pradesh engineer has Rs.10 crore assets - Jan 07, 2012
- Properties of Madhya Pradesh officials raided - Jan 17, 2012
- Anti-corruption raids of officials yields crores - Jan 13, 2012
- Madhya Pradesh official's houses raided, hidden assets found - Jan 18, 2010
- Assets worth Rs.1 crore found with Bhopal municipal clerk - Dec 20, 2010
- A jail superintendent worth Rs.3 crores! - Mar 01, 2012
- From peons to clerks, raids unveil Madhya Pradesh's millionaires - Jan 20, 2012
- Rs.50 lakh assets found in officer's home - Mar 29, 2010
- Rs.10-crore haul in Lokayukta raids on officials - Jul 22, 2011
- Lokayukta raids continue in Madhya Pradesh - Jan 19, 2012
- Karnataka ombudsman raids homes of two IAS officers - Dec 27, 2011
- Prime Minister's key ministers and their assets - Sep 03, 2011
- Cash found less than Rs.50,000, says Priyanka Chopra's accountant - Jan 29, 2011
Tags: assets, bank accounts, crore, fixed deposits, insurance, insurance policies, jewellery, madhya pradesh, ombudsman, premises, protocol officer, rs 40, search operations, sleuths, superintendent, worth rs