Uddhav Thackeray in hospital for angioplastyJuly 20th, 2012 - 1:07 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, July 20 (IANS) Shiv Sena executive president Uddhav Thackeray was admitted to Lilavati Hospital here Friday morning for an angioplasty procedure, party officials said.
He was accompanied by his family members. Maharashtra Navnirman Sena chief and cousin Raj Thackeray joined him later.
Uddhav, 51, had been admitted to hospital after chest pain last Monday. An angiography was performed, revealing at least three blockages.
The implications of Uddhav’s health condition are a matter of concern for his family and the Shiv Sena as well as its allies Bharatiya Janata Party and Republican Party of India.
With Raj and Uddhav coming close after the health crisis, political circles here are discussing the possibility of new permutations and combinations emerging.
However, both Shiv Sena and Raj Thackeray have dismissed any political fall-out of the two cousins coming together, insisting that it was purely out of family relations.
Post-procedure, Uddhav is likely to remain in the hospital for at least two-three days and bounce back to normal by July 27, his birthday.
The team of doctors conducting an angioplasty on Uddhav is the same that had done the procedure on his father Shiv Sena chief Bal Thackeray in July 2009.
- Uddhav undergoes angioplasty, is 'absolutely fine' - Jul 20, 2012
- Uddhav Thackeray to undergo angioplasty Friday - Jul 20, 2012
- Uddhav Thackeray to leave hospital Monday - Jul 22, 2012
- Uddhav Thackeray discharged after angiography (Lead) - Jul 16, 2012
- Uddhav Thackeray had chest pain since four days - Jul 17, 2012
- Uddhav visits father in hospital - Jul 28, 2012
- Uddhav Thackeray discharged from hospital - Jul 23, 2012
- Raj-Uddhav Thackeray 'bonhomie' fuels political speculation - Jul 16, 2012
- Bal Thackeray hospitalised - Jul 24, 2012
- Bal Thackeray stable, to be discharged - May 14, 2012
- Bal Thackeray discharged from hospital - Aug 01, 2012
- Quiet, private 52nd birthday for Uddhav - Jul 27, 2012
- Sena chief Bal Thackeray discharged after cardiac surgery - Jul 12, 2009
- Uddhav Thackeray admitted to Lilavati after chest pain - Jul 16, 2012
- Bal Thackeray undergoes heart surgery (Lead) - Jul 07, 2009
Tags: allies, angiography, angioplasty procedure, bal thackeray, blockages, chest pain, cousins, executive president, friday morning, health condition, health crisis, last monday, mumbai, party officials, permutations and combinations, political circles, raj thackeray, republican party, sena chief, shiv sena