UAE’s Etisalat works to develop Afghan telecom sectorSeptember 8th, 2008 - 5:55 pm ICT by IANS
Abu Dhabi, Sep 8 (IANS) The United Arab Emirates’ (UAE) leading telecom services provider Etisalat is concentrating its efforts on developing the telecom industry in Afghanistan.In this connection, a meeting was held between a visiting high-level Afghan government delegation and Etisalat chairman Mohammad Hassan Omran here Sunday, the state-run Emirates News Agency (WAM) reported Monday.
“The Ministry of Communications and IT and Etisalat are working together to develop the communications industry in Afghanistan,” the report quoted Omran as saying after the meeting.
“Etisalat always enhances the services available in any market in which it operates,” he added.
The visiting delegation included Afghanistan’s communications and IT minister A. Sangin, Finance Minister Anwarul Haq Ahady, the country’s ambassador to the UAE Abdul Faried Zakaria, and Omar Zakhilwal, senior economic advisor to Afghan President Hamid Karzai.
The two sides discussed areas of cooperation between Etisalat and its subsidiary in Afghanistan.
They also discussed different services introduced in Afghanistan since Etisalat won the fourth mobile licence in that country.
The Abu Dhabi-headquartered Etisalat is one of the largest telecommunications companies globally and the largest operator in the Arab world.
It has over 64 million subscribers across 16 countries.
- UAE envoy meets Sibal to discuss telecom issues - Jan 11, 2011
- Etisalat connects UAE to South Sudan - Apr 27, 2012
- TDSAT notice to Etisalat on RComm's Rs.1,200 crore dues - Feb 23, 2012
- UAE business team visits Shanghai - Apr 01, 2012
- HCL to provide IT services to Etisalat customers - May 09, 2011
- Etisalat says won't participate in 2G auction - Sep 05, 2012
- UAE leaders meet foreign counterparts - Jan 03, 2012
- UAE holds talks with Britain, France - Nov 16, 2011
- UAE's Etisalat chairman named World CEO of 2010 - Nov 27, 2010
- UAE aims at 100 percent broadband penetration by 2012 - May 18, 2011
- UAE, Iraq hold bilateral talks - May 31, 2012
- India, UAE to sign taxation, consular accords - Apr 14, 2012
- Etisalat appoints Ahmad Julfar as group CEO - Aug 24, 2011
- UAE, Algeria to hold bilateral talks Tuesday - Mar 27, 2012
- Abu Dhabi to host global maritime trade summit - Jan 29, 2012