UAE to release 179 more prisonersJuly 28th, 2011 - 12:02 am ICT by IANS
Abu Dhabi, July 27 (IANS/WAM) Two emirates of the UAE Wednesday announced the release of 179 prisoners, a day after the UAE president pardoned 676 inmates to mark the Islamic holy month of Ramadan.
Ras Al Khaimah ruler Sheikh Saud Bin Saqr Al Qasimi ordered the release of 112 prisoners who had shown good behaviour while serving their terms in reformative institutions.
The prisoners - of various nationalities - were freed from serving the remaining period of their terms as a gesture of benevolence marking the advent of the holy month.
Ajman ruler Sheikh Humaid Bin Rashid Al Nuaimi also ordered the release of 67 prisoners.
He expressed hope that their release will give them the opportunity to live the rest of their lives as good individuals.
UAE President Sheikh Khalifa bin Zayed Al Nahyan had Tuesday ordered the release of 676 prisoners, including foreign nationals.
Pardoned UAE citizens will be provided suitable jobs in the country while foreign nationals will be deported.
- UAE rulers greet nation on 40th national day - Dec 03, 2011
- UAE's Fujairah pardons 45 prisoners - Jul 22, 2012
- UAE emirate pardons 140 prisoners - Nov 07, 2010
- UAE releases over 80 prisoners - Jul 20, 2012
- Indian envoy to UAE meets Ras Al Khaimah ruler - Jun 06, 2012
- UAE to release over 400 prisoners - Nov 04, 2011
- Amnesty for prisoners on UAE national day - Nov 30, 2011
- Prayers for rain performed across UAE - Dec 31, 2011
- Palm expo opens in UAE - Jun 16, 2012
- UAE launches armoured vehicle facility - Apr 05, 2012
- UAE emirate launches Quran website - Aug 12, 2012
- UAE leaders meet foreign officials - Feb 16, 2012
- Sharjah ruler pardons 173 prisoners - Jan 13, 2012
- UAE to release 676 prisoners to mark Ramadan - Jul 26, 2011
- UAE officials hold talks with envoys - Nov 01, 2011
Tags: benevolence, foreign nationals, good behaviour, holy month of ramadan, inmates, khalifa bin zayed, month of ramadan, nationalities, president sheikh khalifa, prisoners, qasimi, ramadan, ras al khaimah, ras al khaimah ruler, rashid al nuaimi, sheikh khalifa bin zayed, sheikh khalifa bin zayed al nahyan, sheikh saud, uae president, zayed al nahyan