UAE to provide $50 mn quake aid to ChinaJune 3rd, 2008 - 8:06 pm ICT by IANS
Abu Dhabi, June 3 (Xinhua) The United Arab Emirates (UAE) will donate $50 million to support China’s relief efforts in the aftermath of the May 12 quake in Sichuan province. The fund will be used for reconstruction work in the southwest province of Sichuan devastated by the killer quake, Chinese embassy sources here told Xinhua Tuesday.
More than 69,000 people have been killed in the 8.0-magnitude earthquake, which had its epicentre in Sichuan’s Wenchuan county.
The number of the injured has reached 373,573, while 18,627 people are reported missing.
- UAE sends aid to Turkey - Dec 16, 2011
- China to make movie on earthquake - Dec 25, 2011
- Five die in China quake - Sep 07, 2012
- Earthquake blamed for divorce rise in southwest China - Nov 08, 2010
- Magnitude 6.3 earthquake strikes off Sumatra island, Indonesia - May 29, 2011
- Four injured in China quake - Jun 21, 2011
- China helps 12 mn quake-hit people with $137 bn expenditure - Feb 24, 2012
- At least 12 injured after 5.0-magnitude earthquake in southwest China - Aug 29, 2010
- 14 killed in China quake - Mar 10, 2011
- Earthquake shakes China's Yunnan province - Sep 07, 2012
- Tremors rock Kashmir Valley, northwest Pakistan (Third Lead) - Jun 11, 2012
- 5.4-magnitude quake hits China - Nov 01, 2011
- Two dead, 100 injured in China quake - Jun 24, 2012
- Quake hits Indonesia's Sumatra island - Aug 23, 2011
- UAE quake aid to Turkey - Oct 26, 2011