UAE to launch campaign for Horn of Africa’s drought-hitAugust 17th, 2011 - 12:43 am ICT by IANS
Abu Dhabi, Aug 16 (IANS/WAM) A three-day nation-wide fund-raising telethon for helping victims of famine and drought in the Horn of Africa will begin in the UAE Wednesday.
UAE Minister of Public Works and Chairman of the National Media Council (NMC) Hamdan bin Mubarak Al Nahyan said Tuesday the humanitarian drive is being launched on the instructions of UAE President Sheikh Khalifa bin Zayed Al Nahyan.
Hamdan bin Mubarak said the media campaign demonstrates the noble humanitarian stances of the leadership and people of the UAE in coming forward to assist people affected by drought and famine in the Horn of Africa which comprises Eritrea, Ethiopia, Somalia and Djibouti.
- $8.9 mn raised for famine victims in Horn of Africa - Aug 20, 2011
- UN chief briefs UAE on Somalia crisis - Jul 29, 2011
- UAE delivers aid for Libyan schools - Sep 02, 2012
- UAE helping crisis-hit Yemen - Jul 01, 2012
- UAE bakery feeds 5,000 Somali families a day - Jul 09, 2012
- UAE launches relief programme in Somalia - Jul 31, 2011
- UAE to provide $136mn food aid for Yemen - Jun 04, 2012
- UAE to launch campaign to raise donations for Yemen - Jun 21, 2012
- Somalia hails UAE's humanitarian efforts - Sep 16, 2011
- UAE leaders greet President Mukherjee on Independence Day - Aug 16, 2012
- UAE medical team reaches out to famine victims - Aug 20, 2011
- UAE team continues Pakistan relief work - Sep 30, 2011
- UAE opens mobile hospital at Somali-Kenyan border - Oct 31, 2011
- UAE helps Syrian girl get medical treatment - Aug 28, 2012
- UAE to set up camp for Syrian refugees in Jordan - Sep 04, 2012
Tags: abu dhabi, djibouti, drought, eritrea, famine, hamdan, horn of africa, khalifa bin zayed, media campaign, minister of public works, mubarak, nmc, president sheikh khalifa, sheikh khalifa bin zayed, sheikh khalifa bin zayed al nahyan, somalia, telethon, uae minister, uae president, zayed al nahyan