UAE sends humanitarian aid for LibyansApril 2nd, 2011 - 1:23 am ICT by IANS
Abu Dabhi, April 1 (IANS/WAM) The United Arab Emirates Friday sent a convoy of humanitarian aid for Libyan refugees through the Saloom crossing on the Egyptian-Libyan border.
The convoy composed 40 trucks, each carrying between 28-30 tonnes of food.
The aid came as a donation by the Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum Humanitarian and Charity Establishment and Dubai Islamic Foundation of Dubai Islamic Bank.
The latest aid to the Libyan people came in line with the directives of President Sheikh Khalifa bin Zayed Al Nahyan and the Vice-President and Prime Minister of Dubai Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum.
- UAE leaders greet President Mukherjee on Independence Day - Aug 16, 2012
- UAE leaders greet new Saudi crown prince - Jun 19, 2012
- UAE to launch campaign to raise donations for Yemen - Jun 21, 2012
- UAE delivers aid for Libyan schools - Sep 02, 2012
- UAE opens mobile hospital at Somali-Kenyan border - Oct 31, 2011
- UAE greets world leaders on New Year - Dec 29, 2011
- UAE to provide $136mn food aid for Yemen - Jun 04, 2012
- UAE team continues Pakistan relief work - Sep 30, 2011
- Dubai ruler meets Queen Elizabeth II - Jun 21, 2012
- Dubai's deputy ruler receives Iraqi consul general - Oct 19, 2011
- Ramadan begins in UAE - Jul 20, 2012
- UAE sends 40 tonnes of humanitarian aid to Libyan refugees - Mar 19, 2011
- UAE, Libya discuss bilateral relations - Nov 07, 2011
- South Korean President to visit UAE Saturday - Mar 11, 2011
- UAE leaders meet foreign counterparts - Jan 03, 2012
Tags: abu dabhi, april 1, bin rashid al maktoum, convoy, dubai islamic bank, humanitarian aid, islamic foundation, khalifa bin zayed, libyan border, libyans, mohammed bin rashid, mohammed bin rashid al maktoum, president sheikh khalifa, rashid al maktoum, sheikh khalifa bin zayed, sheikh khalifa bin zayed al nahyan, tonnes, united arab emirates, vm, zayed al nahyan