UAE, Russia discuss N-fuel supplies: ReportAugust 14th, 2011 - 2:59 am ICT by IANS
Dubai, Aug 14 (IANS/RIA Novosti) The UAE is in talks with Russia over supplies of nuclear fuel for its first nuclear power plant to be launched in 2017, a media report said Saturday.
The Emirates Nuclear Energy Corporation (ENEC), in charge for building the plant, some 300 km from Abu Dhabi, announced in July a tender offer, to be signed in 2012, for a 15-year agreement on fuel supplies.
The UAE has already signed agreements that allow them to make deals over supplies of nuclear material with the US, Britain, Australia, Japan, France and South Korea.
Russia and the UAE are currently in talks to sign a similar contract, the UAE English-language newspaper National quoted Hamad Al Kaabi, the UAE’s permanent representative to the International Atomic Energy Agency, as saying.
- UAE collects feedback ahead of n-plants construction - Jun 18, 2011
- UAE, IAEA sign cooperation agreement - Dec 06, 2011
- Iran's n-plant launch delayed - May 30, 2012
- Iran's Bushehr n-plant almost ready: Russia - Jun 19, 2011
- Iran launches Bushehr nuclear power plant - Sep 12, 2011
- Iran n-plant to switch to full capacity in May - May 04, 2012
- Iran's Bushehr n-plant to begin operations in 2012 - May 15, 2012
- UAE, South Korea sign nuclear training deal - May 04, 2010
- Iran n-plant to start operation by year-end - Aug 14, 2011
- UAE, Finland discuss energy cooperation - Oct 15, 2010
- Saudi Arabia to build 16 nuclear reactors by 2030 - Jun 01, 2011
- Russia to help Bangladesh build n-power plant - Nov 02, 2011
- UAE to host nuclear disarmament conference - Jan 21, 2010
- Iran's first n-plant to come online Aug 21 - Aug 13, 2010
- EU accepts Iran talks offer - Mar 06, 2012
Tags: abu dhabi, atomic energy agency, dubai, emirates, enec, energy corporation, english language, first nuclear power plant, international atomic energy, international atomic energy agency, nuclear energy, nuclear fuel, nuclear material, nuclear power plant, ria novosti, russia, snb, south korea, tender offer, uae