UAE launches armoured vehicle facilityApril 5th, 2012 - 1:21 am ICT by IANS
Ras Al Khaimah (UAE), April 4 (IANS/WAM) The world’s largest privately-owned armoured vehicle facility was launched Wednesday in the UAE emirate of Ras Al Khaimah.
It was inaugurated by Sheikh Saud Bin Saqr Al Qasimi, member of the UAE Supreme Council and ruler of Ras Al Khaimah.
The facility, owned by Streit Group (SG), one of the world’s largest armoured vehicle manufacturers, is located at the Technology Park of Ras Al Khaimah Free Trade Zone.
It can produce and test 40 different models of armoured vehicles for commercial, semi-military and military use. It can manufacture up to 250 armoured vehicles per month.
- Palm expo opens in UAE - Jun 16, 2012
- Indian envoy to UAE meets Ras Al Khaimah ruler - Jun 06, 2012
- UAE emirate pardons 140 prisoners - Nov 07, 2010
- Prayers for rain performed across UAE - Dec 31, 2011
- UAE rulers greet nation on 40th national day - Dec 03, 2011
- UAE officials hold talks with envoys - Nov 01, 2011
- Amnesty for prisoners on UAE national day - Nov 30, 2011
- UAE, India discuss bilateral ties - Sep 27, 2010
- Arab business called upon to embrace innovation - Oct 11, 2011
- UAE to release 179 more prisoners - Jul 28, 2011
- Indian firm helps build water park in UAE - Sep 25, 2010
- UAE emirate to upgrade oil storage capacity - Jun 29, 2012
- UAE Heritage Festival inaugurated - Apr 24, 2012
- Sharjah ruler undergoes surgery in Paris - Dec 01, 2011
- 457 illegal residents held in UAE - Aug 01, 2012
Tags: april 4, armoured vehicles, emirate, free trade zone, models, qasimi, ras al khaimah free trade zone, ruler of ras al khaimah, sheikh saud, snb, supreme council, technology park, vehicle manufacturers