UAE inaugurates power plantMay 9th, 2011 - 11:42 pm ICT by IANS
Abu Dhabi, May 9 (IANS/WAM) The UAE Monday inaugurated a 2000 megawatt power and water desalination plant in the emirate of Fujairah.
Sheikh Hamad bin Mohammed Al Sharqi, supreme council member and ruler of Fujairah and Sheikh Mansour bin Zayed Al Nahyan, deputy prime minister, attended the inauguration of the 10 billion dirham ($2.8 billion) plant in Qidfa district.
The plant produces 2000 megawatt of electricity and 130 million gallon of water daily, deemed as the biggest in the Middle East.
Sheikh Mansour said after the inauguration ceremony that the project will not only benefit the UAE but also the Middle East region, indicating that the plant will be one of the major components of the power network link among the Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC) states.
- UAE emirate to upgrade oil storage capacity - Jun 29, 2012
- Prayers for rain performed across UAE - Dec 31, 2011
- UAE to release over 400 prisoners - Nov 04, 2011
- UAE's Fujairah emirate to step up petroleum facilities - Jun 30, 2012
- UAE rulers greet nation on 40th national day - Dec 03, 2011
- UAE's Fujairah pardons 45 prisoners - Jul 22, 2012
- Foreign ministers of Turkey, six Gulf nations meet - Jan 29, 2012
- GCC media exhibition opened - Dec 06, 2010
- Gulf Cooperation Council summit opens in Abu Dhabi - Dec 06, 2010
- UAE officials meet envoys - Nov 30, 2011
- UAE president greets leaders on Eid - Aug 19, 2012
- Art expo opens in Abu Dhabi - Nov 06, 2010
- GCC leaders thank UAE for hosting summit - Dec 08, 2010
- UAE bans groundwater export - Feb 13, 2012
- UAE, Germany discuss bilateral relations - Aug 29, 2012
Tags: abu dhabi, council member, deputy prime minister, dg, electricity, emirate, gcc states, gulf cooperation council, inauguration ceremony, major components, megawatt, mohammed al sharqi, power plant, ruler of fujairah, sheikh hamad bin, sheikh mansour, snb, supreme council, water desalination plant, zayed al nahyan