UAE foreign minister to visit IndiaMay 16th, 2012 - 8:20 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, May 16 (IANS) United Arab Emirates (UAE) Minister of Foreign Affairs Sheikh Abdullah bin Zayed Al Nahyan will be on a two-day official visit to India from Thursday when he is likely to discuss the entire gamut of bilateral relations with his counterpart S.M. Krishna, including energy security.
During his stay here, Sheikh Abdullah bin Zayed Al Nahyan is also scheduled to meet India’s top political leadership including Prime Minister Manmohan Singh.
UAE is important to India, being a significant contributor to its energy security, apart from being home to an estimated 1.75 million Indian expatriates.
India enjoys close and multi-faceted relations with the UAE. During the last three years, the two countries were each other’s largest trading partners.
“Our bilateral trade during 2011-12 was $67 billion,” India’s External Affairs Ministry said in a release here.
- India, UAE to sign taxation, consular accords - Apr 14, 2012
- India-UAE joint task force to explore investments - May 18, 2012
- India, UAE to step up investments - Jun 28, 2011
- India, UAE to hold talks, sign pacts Monday - Jun 25, 2011
- India, UAE sign pact on political consultations (Lead) - Jun 28, 2011
- China, UAE discuss ways to boost ties - Oct 23, 2010
- India-UAE joint task force to explore investments (Lead) - May 18, 2012
- UAE foreign minister visits Argentina - Mar 16, 2012
- UAE minister meets counterparts in New York - Sep 26, 2011
- President Patil leaves on nine-day visit to West Asia - Nov 21, 2010
- Patil accorded warm welcome in UAE, trade, energy security on her agenda - Nov 22, 2010
- UAE, Yemen hold talks - Jan 15, 2012
- UAE leaders hold talks with foreign officials - Mar 14, 2012
- UAE officials meet US, Chinese envoys - Jul 22, 2012
- UAE, Germany discuss bilateral relations - Aug 29, 2012
Tags: bilateral relations, bilateral trade, counterpart, energy security, expatriates india, external affairs ministry, foreign minister, gamut, indian expatriates, krishna, manmohan, manmohan singh, minister of foreign affairs, political leadership, prime minister manmohan, prime minister manmohan singh, trading partners, uae minister, united arab emirates, zayed al nahyan