UAE discusses military issues with foreign officialsNovember 15th, 2011 - 11:03 pm ICT by IANS
Dubai, Nov 15 (IANS/WAM) Top military officials of the United Arab Emirates met their counterparts from the US, Pakistan, Britain, Germany, France, Belarus, Lebanon and Mozambique and discussed ways to boost military cooperation.
UAE Air Force and Air Defence commander Maj. Gen. Mohammed bin Suwaidan Saeed Al Qamzi held talks with Gerald Howarth, British parliamentary undersecretary of state for the ministry of defence.
Al Qamzi also met Mozambique’s minister of national defence Filipe Jacinto Nyussi, the German ministry of defence’s director of armaments representative Detlef Selhausen and Lebanon Air Force chief Brigadier General Ghassan Chahine,
Brigadier General Ibrahim Al Musharak, chief of the UAE Naval Staff, met Rear Admiral Joseph W. Rixey, director for the US Navy International Programs Office.
Lt. Gen. Hamad Mohammad Thani Al Rumaithi, chief of staff of the UAE Armed Forces, met Gen. Khalid Shameem Wynne, Pakistan’s chairman of the joint chiefs of staff committee.
Al Rumaithi also met Lt. Gen. Sergei Gurulev, head of the Belarusian State Military Industry Committee, and Eve Blanc, director of international development at the French Armament Procurement Agency.
All the meetings were held on the sidelines of the Dubai International Air Show 2011.
- UAE Chief of Staff meets US counterpart - Feb 01, 2012
- UAE, New Zealand discuss defence issues - Sep 12, 2011
- UAE, Iraqi army chiefs meet - Apr 08, 2012
- UAE armed forces holds mass wedding for troopers - Dec 29, 2011
- UAE-US officials discuss military cooperation - Dec 11, 2011
- UAE, Bahrain hold joint air exercises - Jul 05, 2012
- Dubai hosts international conference of air chiefs - Nov 13, 2011
- UAE launches anti-narcotics drive - Dec 03, 2011
- UAE builds hospital in Somalia - Nov 09, 2011
- Defence conference begins in UAE - Feb 19, 2011
- UAE, Yemen hold talks - Jan 15, 2012
- UAE, Switzerland discuss bilateral cooperation - Jun 03, 2012
- Pact signed to sponsor 5,000 Indonesian orphans - Oct 22, 2011
- Abu Dhabi prince meets Obama - Apr 28, 2011
- UAE, France discuss military cooperation - Dec 12, 2009
Tags: air force chief, belarusian state, brigadier general, chairman of the joint chiefs, chiefs of staff, commander maj, dubai international, gerald howarth, german ministry, industry committee, joint chiefs of staff, military cooperation, minister of national defence, naval staff, navy international, procurement agency, rear admiral, rixey, staff committee, united arab emirates