‘UAE committed to support Pakistan’s security’February 28th, 2012 - 1:01 am ICT by IANS
Abu Dhabi, Feb 27 (IANS/WAM) The United Arab Emirates Monday has reiterated its commitment to help Pakistan’s security and stability besides providing political, economic, and educational support to the Pakistanis.
UAE’s Foreign Minister Sheikh Abdullah bin Zayed Al Nahyan made the remarks during a joint press conference with Pakistan’s Foreign Affairs Minister Hina Rabbani Khaar, at the end of the 10th UAE-Pakistan Joint Committee meetings in Abu Dhabi.
Sheikh Abdullah said Pakistan features among UAE’s key trade partners with trade exchange between the two countries reaching $2.6 billion in 2011.
“We aspire to further joint investments and to remove barriers hindering flow of trade and investments between the two countries,” he said.
He said the 10th joint committee meetings reflected the keenness of the leadership in both the countries to enhance their ties.
The committee discussed potentials for signing a Free Trade Agreement between the GCC countries and Pakistan, as well as means to boost cooperation in the areas of economy, trade, customs, banking, telecommunications, civil aviation and humanitarian aid.
- UAE leaders greet President Mukherjee on Independence Day - Aug 16, 2012
- UAE delivers aid for Libyan schools - Sep 02, 2012
- Foreign ministers of Turkey, six Gulf nations meet - Jan 29, 2012
- UAE, Lithuania to tighten economic ties - May 08, 2012
- UAE, Indonesia hold talks - May 16, 2012
- UAE president honours national Olympic football team - Mar 27, 2012
- UAE president greets leaders on Eid - Aug 19, 2012
- UAE, Brazil seek closer trade ties - Feb 17, 2012
- UAE, Tunisia discuss educational cooperation - May 09, 2012
- UAE calls for end of Myanmar violence - Aug 12, 2012
- UAE, Germany discuss bilateral relations - Aug 29, 2012
- Abu Dhabi to host earth summit - Dec 08, 2011
- South Korean President arrives in UAE on three-day visit - Mar 13, 2011
- UAE, Germany hold talks - Dec 14, 2011
- Abu Dhabi to host Global Aerospace Summit 2012 - Feb 23, 2012
Tags: abu dhabi, civil aviation, committee meetings, economy trade, educational support, foreign affairs minister, foreign minister, free trade agreement, gcc countries, humanitarian aid, joint committee, keenness, pakistanis, sheikh abdullah, trade customs, trade exchange, trade partners, united arab emirates, vd, zayed al nahyan