UAE charity helps poor PalestiniansAugust 19th, 2012 - 12:39 am ICT by IANS
Jerusalem, Aug 18 (IANS/WAM) The Human Appeal International (HAI), a non-governmental aid agency based in the UAE, has given zakat money and clothes to poor Palestinian families ahead of Eid-ul-Fitr.
Ibrahim Al Rashid, director of the HAI office in the West Bank, said cash handouts were most useful for the needy in the holy month of Ramadan.
The HAI’s eight million dirhams (around $2 million) zakat project also helped out orphanages and social aid agencies, he said.
The charity also sponsored 40 children whose parents were killed in the West Bank city of Jenin in a traffic accident recently.
- Ramadan, Eid-ul-Fitr dates forecast in UAE - May 12, 2012
- UAE president greets leaders on Eid - Aug 19, 2012
- Pay salaries before Eid-ul-Fitr, says UAE PM - Aug 07, 2012
- UAE charities help Myanmar refugees in Thailand - Aug 10, 2012
- UAE volunteers celebrate Eid with Syrian refugees - Aug 20, 2012
- UAE charity delivers food aid to Yemen - Jul 08, 2012
- Ramadan begins in UAE - Jul 20, 2012
- Ramadan to begin August 11: UAE astronomer - Jun 21, 2010
- UAE releases over 80 prisoners - Jul 20, 2012
- UAE's Fujairah pardons 45 prisoners - Jul 22, 2012
- Khalifa Foundation distributes food in Africa - Jul 17, 2012
- UAE charity digs wells in Somalia - Jun 08, 2012
- UAE charity group holds iftar in 19 countries - Jul 29, 2012
- UAE distributes food for Iftar in Senegal, Nigeria - Jul 20, 2012
- UAE group to launch Iftar Project in 50 countries - Jul 20, 2012
Tags: al rashid, cash handouts, charity, clothes, dirhams, eid, eid ul fitr, jenin, jerusalem, money, month of ramadan, palestinian families, palestinians, parents, ramadan, traffic accident, ul, vd, west bank, west bank city