Tynsong to return to Sangma cabinetAugust 1st, 2011 - 10:07 pm ICT by IANS
Shillong, Aug 1 (IANS) Former Meghalaya minister Prestone Tynsong, sacked two months ago for anti-party activities, will be re-inducted Tuesday in the Mukul Sangma-led cabinet, a Congress leader Monday said.
“Tynsong will be sworn-in tomorrow evening as a cabinet minister by Governor R.S. Mooshahary,” a party official said.
Tynsong along with Frankenstein W. Momin, Augustine D. Marak and Founder Strong Cajee were dropped for demanding the ouster of Sangma as chief minister June 6.
In their place, Sangma inducted Congress legislators Shitlang Pale, Saleng Sangma and Bharatiya Janata Party leader-turned-Congress legislator Alexander Hek into his cabinet.
The Congress enjoys the support of nine United Democratic Party (UDP) members. The Nationalist Congress Party, the main opposition, has 15 members.
Meghalaya has seen nine governments with varied combinations, resulting in eight chief ministers, between 1998 and 2009.
Since Meghalaya attained statehood in 1972, only two chief ministers have completed five-year terms.
- Tynsong is new Meghalaya forests minister - Aug 04, 2011
- Sangma reshuffles cabinet, drops three senior ministers - Jun 07, 2011
- Sacked Meghalaya minister re-inducted - Aug 02, 2011
- Four Meghalaya legislators demand Sangma's resignation - Jul 08, 2011
- Sangma allocates portfolios to ministers - Jun 08, 2011
- Meghalaya chief minister to reshuffle cabinet Tuesday - Jun 06, 2011
- Sonia Gandhi rules out leadership change in Meghalaya (Lead) - Jul 08, 2011
- Sangma expands ministry, inducts eight - Apr 24, 2010
- Meghalaya minister-designate skips swearing-in - Jun 07, 2011
- Stability of government depends on good governance: Sangma (Lead) - Apr 25, 2010
- Sangma to expand ministry Saturday - Apr 22, 2010
- Congress finalises list of ministers for Meghalaya - Apr 23, 2010
- Meghalaya's rebel Congress legislators to meet Sonia - Jun 05, 2011
- Sangma allocates portfolios to ministers - Apr 26, 2010
- Sangma heads to New Delhi to finalise his team - Apr 21, 2010
Tags: cabinet minister, chief minister, chief ministers, congress leader, democratic party, hek, janata party, legislator, legislators, marak, meghalaya, momin, mukul, nationalist congress party, ouster, party leader, prestone, shillong, statehood, tomorrow evening