Two young boys drown in a Rajasthan pondAugust 10th, 2012 - 11:41 pm ICT by IANS
Jaipur, Aug 10 (IANS) Two young boys aged 10 and 15 years were drowned when they were swimming in a pond in Rajasthan’s Dausa district Friday, police said.
The pond was filled up to the brink due to heavy downpour in the area over the past two days, police added.
According to the police, the incident occurred around 11 a.m. in a village near Lalsot town of the district, some 150 km from Jaipur.
“Ankit, 15, and Jitesh Kumar, 10, had gone for a swim. Some villagers who were passing by the pond saw their clothes and realized that they could have been drowned. They informed police,” said a police officer.
The officer said that a rescue team from district administration reached the spot.
“It took the rescue teams about two hours to fish out the bodies,” said the officer.
- Two boys drown in pond in Rajasthan - Aug 18, 2012
- Two more children drown in pond in Rajasthan - Aug 19, 2012
- 7 child labourers drown in Rajasthan - Apr 10, 2012
- Four killed, 10 missing as boat capsizes in Bihar - Aug 10, 2012
- Five killed, 10 missing as boat capsizes in Bihar (Lead) - Aug 10, 2012
- Woman drowns three kids, self - Oct 25, 2011
- Eloping couple commit suicide in Rajasthan - Aug 11, 2012
- Five killed in Rajasthan accident - Apr 05, 2012
- Four of a family drown in pond - Sep 21, 2010
- Boy falls into pond in Rajasthan, rescue work on - Jul 01, 2012
- Rajasthan couple tries to bury new born girl alive - Jul 03, 2012
- Bear mauls two men to death - Mar 06, 2012
- Girl's foetus found in Rajasthan town - Apr 20, 2012
- CBI quizzes two Rajasthan legislators on Bharatpur riots - Aug 04, 2012
- Caste council strips, beats woman, paramour in Rajasthan - Jul 23, 2012