Two-year-old crushed under school busSeptember 25th, 2010 - 3:11 pm ICT by IANS
Hyderabad, Sep 25 (IANS) A two-year-old girl playing outside her house was crushed under a school bus here Saturday, police said.
The girl was playing in front of her residence in Attapur neighbourhood when she came under the rear wheels of the mini bus that was reversing.
Eye witnesses said the bus driver failed to spot the little girl. She sustained serious injuries and succumbed before she could be shifted to hospital.
The child’s parents were inconsolable. The accident sent shock waves in the residential locality.
The bus driver fled soon after the accident. Police said they have registered a case.
Residents said there was nobody on the bus to help the driver and the negligence of the school authorities led to the accident.
In a similar incident, a school child came under the wheels of his school bus while alighting from the vehicle near his house.
- Week after leg crushed by bus, girl dies - Jul 24, 2012
- Student's death: Bus driver, conductor arrested - Jun 28, 2011
- Toddler run over by school bus - Feb 13, 2012
- Giant wheel operator held for negligence in Mumbai - Sep 15, 2010
- Court queries school girl's death in Tamil Nadu (Lead) - Jul 26, 2012
- Jayalalithaa orders action against school bus operators - Jul 26, 2012
- Tamil Nadu school girl death: Motor vehicle inspector arrested - Jul 27, 2012
- Two killed in Delhi road accidents - Dec 21, 2010
- Bus mows down guard - Dec 29, 2011
- Court demands criminal action in school girl's death case (Lead) - Jul 27, 2012
- 11-year-old disabled girl gets Rs.8 lakh compensation - Jun 08, 2011
- Class 10 student dies in accident in Delhi - Jul 25, 2012
- Boy crushed by bus - Nov 18, 2011
- Minor girl crushed to death in Delhi - Jul 15, 2011
- Child crushed to death in Delhi, truck torched - Feb 18, 2011