Two-year-old accidentally shoots himselfJune 8th, 2009 - 10:35 pm ICT by IANS
Lucknow, June 8 (IANS) A police officer’s two-year-old son was killed in Uttar Pradesh Monday while playing with his father’s service revolver, officials said.
When Arvind Kumar, a station house officer (SHO) in Muzaffarnagar returned home, he put his service revolver where his two sons were playing. As Kumar went to answer the phone, his younger son picked up the revolver, which accidentally went off killing him, the police said.
“In the incident that occurred Monday, Kumar’s younger son died on the spot,” Superintendent of Police (City) Ashok Kumar told IANS over phone from Muzaffarnagar.
“We have asked Deputy Superintendent of Police Atiq Ahmad to inquire into the case and take necessary action against the inspector,” Kumar added.
Muzaffarnagar is some 350 km from Lucknow.
- Government staffer kills three kin - Jul 25, 2011
- Nine killed in Uttar Pradesh road accident - Apr 19, 2011
- Class 6 student found dead outside school in Uttar Pradesh - Nov 29, 2010
- College vice principal sets himself afire - Apr 09, 2011
- Delhi policeman commits suicide - Oct 11, 2010
- Seven killed in UP bus-car smash - Jul 09, 2012
- Man kills self after shooting at wife, son - Apr 09, 2011
- Student stabbed to death in Uttar Pradesh - Aug 30, 2010
- Cop shot dead by criminals - Jul 06, 2011
- Another cop held for girl's death in police station - Jul 03, 2011
- Cop murdered in Uttar Pradesh - Nov 09, 2010
- RAF Trooper found dead in camp - Oct 26, 2011
- Two policemen suspended for inaction - Nov 02, 2010
- Goods destroyed as fire engulfs warehouse - Dec 04, 2010
- Former Lok Sabha speaker Balram Jakhar's son shot dead - Jan 17, 2011