Two women killed, many injured in firing in BharatpurJuly 1st, 2012 - 11:27 pm ICT by IANS
Jaipur, July 1 (IANS) Two women were shot dead, while at least a dozen other people were seriously wounded in a violent clash in Rajasthan’s Bharatpur district Sunday, police said.
The clash occurred between two groups of people following a dispute over digging up soil from a ravine near Dahava village in the district, some 180 km from Jaipur.
“Some women were getting soil from the ravine area here when they got involved in a verbal dispute. Soon several members from their families arrived there with firearms and started firing,” a police officer told IANS.
Two women, Champa, 45, and Santo Devi, 50, died on the spot due to bullet injuries. “About a dozen others were also injured in the clash. At least seven of them sustained bullet injuries. They are undergoing treatment at a hospital in Bharatpur,” said the officer.
Police said that first information reports (FIR) have been registered against several people. “We have also detained about two dozen people in connection with the clash,” said the officer.
Another clash had claimed the life of a 55-year-old woman in Bharatpur Saturday. About a dozen people sustained bullet injuries in that clash during a religious procession in Udhyog Nagar area in the town.
- Woman killed in Rajasthan stampede - Jun 30, 2012
- Ex-royal of Rajasthan, supporters fired at - Sep 01, 2011
- STF deployed in Rajasthan village - Feb 17, 2011
- Day after clash, tension in Bharatpur continues - Sep 15, 2011
- Five killed in armed clash in Rajasthan - Sep 15, 2011
- Two woman cops, three others killed in Rajasthan accidents - Jun 17, 2012
- Dreaded Chambal dacoit killed in shootout - Mar 05, 2012
- Four schoolkids, helper killed as bus overturns in Rajasthan - Jul 24, 2012
- CBI quizzes two Rajasthan legislators on Bharatpur riots - Aug 04, 2012
- 15 people injured in Rajasthan communal clash - Nov 28, 2011
- Policemen removed for negligence in Rajasthan clash - Sep 23, 2011
- Rajasthan town remains tense after clash, curfew on - Aug 17, 2012
- Six injured in Rajasthan jail clash - Jan 19, 2012
- Protesting workers injure six cops - Apr 10, 2012
- Rahul Gandhi visits Rajasthan's violence-hit areas - Oct 09, 2011