Two women held for stealing babyDecember 30th, 2011 - 12:10 am ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Dec 29 (IANS) Two women were arrested Thursday for kidnapping and selling a new-born baby here, police said. A woman who paid Rs.50,000 for the infant too has been held, and the baby recovered.
Rihana, 23, Nargis, 40 — living in a slum opposite the Lok Nayak Jaiprakash Narayan Hospital in central Delhi — stole the infant from their neighbour’s dwelling Wednesday and sold it to Prakash Wati, 55.
On receiving a complaint from the child’s mother Sarvari, police zeroed in on her neighbour Rihana.
“On sustained interrogation, she admitted that she along with Nargis had kidnapped the baby and handed it over to Prakash Wati for Rs.50,000,” Additional Commissioner of Police D.C. Srivastva said.
The infant aws recovered and restore to its mother, police said.
- Man held for trying to sell minor girl in Delhi - Jun 04, 2012
- Eleven killed, over 25 missing as boat capsizes in Bihar (Lead) - Sep 10, 2012
- Woman who snatched baby from Chilean hospital nabbed - May 15, 2012
- Another newborn girl's body found in Jaipur - Mar 28, 2012
- 19 infants die in two Bengal hospitals - Feb 03, 2012
- Poverty forces Bengal mother to sell child for Rs.2000 - May 22, 2012
- Poverty-stricken woman sells infant to pay debt - Sep 04, 2012
- Pakistani doctor held for selling babies - Jun 04, 2011
- New-born found abandoned in plastic bag - Dec 15, 2010
- Infant stolen from government hospital in Hyderabad - Aug 17, 2010
- Weapon 'robbed' by Tewatia recovered - Jul 10, 2011
- Police bust illegal gun factory in Bihar - Aug 04, 2009
- Man commits suicide by jumping before Metro train - Mar 03, 2012
- 31 abducted infants rescued in China - Jun 01, 2012
- Babies born to obese mums at risk for iron deficiency - May 01, 2011