Two woman cops, three others killed in Rajasthan accidentsJune 17th, 2012 - 12:09 am ICT by IANS
Jaipur, June 16 (IANS) Five people including two women policemen were killed, while at least 20 others were injured in two separate accidents in Rajasthan Saturday, police said.
According to the police, two lady constables were killed when the bike they were riding on was hit by a car in Jhunjhunu town around 10 a.m.
“The two constables were deputed in the Jhunjhunu Police Reserve Lines and were on their way to a law and order duty when the accident occurred,” a police officer said.
He added that the car’s driver escaped from the spot.
“We have registered a case against the car owner for rash driving,” said the officer.
In another accident, three people including two children aged eight and 10 years were killed while 20 others were injured Saturday when the tractor-trolley they were travelling turned over in Bharatpur’s Uchchen area, some 150 km from Jaipur.
“About 30 people were in the vehicle when it lost balance and turned over,” a police officer said.
The two accidents have come close on the heels of a terrible accident in Jalore district in which at least 19 people were charred to death, while 42 others sustained burn injuries. T
he private bus that was carrying the victims caught fire after colliding with a truck carrying inflammable material near Jalore’s Sanchore town Friday evening.
“Eighteen people had died Friday while one succumbed to burn injuries today (Saturday). Bodies of some of the deceased people have been charred beyond recognition,” said a police officer.
- Step-father arrested for torturing three-year-old - Feb 25, 2012
- Three killed in Haryana school bus accident - Feb 22, 2011
- 41 killed in Uttar Pradesh accident - Aug 22, 2011
- Battered Rajasthan boy given security - Feb 26, 2012
- Eight devotees killed in Uttar Pradesh - Oct 15, 2010
- Woman killed in Rajasthan stampede - Jun 30, 2012
- Agra road accident claims two lives - Apr 27, 2012
- Two women killed, many injured in firing in Bharatpur - Jul 01, 2012
- Nine killed in Uttar Pradesh accident - Jun 19, 2010
- Four killed in two Rajasthan road accidents - Aug 22, 2012
- 18 killed in Uttar Pradesh accident - Feb 09, 2010
- Boy burnt with cigarettes, beaten, clawed by stepfather - Feb 24, 2012
- Five killed in accident, driver commits suicide - May 20, 2010
- 2 killed, 16 injured in Ghaziabad accident - Mar 11, 2012
- 8 killed, 18 injured in two Rajasthan accidents - May 11, 2012
Tags: 10 years, accidents, car owner, constables, friday evening, law and order, police officer, police reserve, policemen, private bus, rash, s driver, terrible accident, trolley, two women, woman cops