Two Uttar Pradesh criminals involved in Nimbalkar’s murder: PoliceJune 9th, 2009 - 9:53 pm ICT by IANS
Lucknow, June 9 (IANS) The Uttar Pradesh Police Tuesday said they were searching for a listed criminal and his aide who are believed to have murdered Congress leader Pavan Raje Nimbalkar in 2006, a case in which a Nationalist Congress Party (NCP) MP is allegedly involved.
The Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) that is probing the murder case, has arrested the NCP MP, Padamsinh Patil, who is also the deceased’s cousin.
“An extensive search operation has been launched for dreaded criminal Choutu Pandey and his accomplice Kailash Yadav, who are from Ambedkar Nagar district,” additional director general of police (law and order) Brij Lal told reporters.
The manhunt comes on the directions of the CBI, Lal said.
Nimbalkar was shot dead by two gunmen at Kalamboli near Mumbai July 3, 2006 after he was lured there under the pretext of striking a business deal.
- Murder accused MP Padamsinh Patil fined Rs.10,000 (Lead) - Jun 07, 2011
- CBI arrests NCP MP Padamsinh Patil (Second Lead) - Jun 07, 2009
- CBI detains NCP MP Padamsinh Patil (Lead) - Jun 07, 2009
- CBI questions NCP MP - Jun 07, 2009
- NCP suspends legislator over rape charge - Feb 26, 2011
- Murder accused MP Padamsinh Patil fined Rs.10,000 - Jun 07, 2011
- NCP MP Padamsinh Patil charged with Congress leader's murder, in CBI custody (Fourth Lead) - Jun 07, 2009
- Accused NCP MP sent to CBI custody till June 20 - Jun 14, 2009
- Murder accused NCP MP in jail till July 3 - Jun 20, 2009
- Patil's CBI custody extended till June 20 - Jun 14, 2009
- NCP MP arrest: Maharashtra opposition creates ruckus - Jun 08, 2009
- NCP MP Padamsinh Patil charged with murder of Congress leader (Third Lead) - Jun 07, 2009
- NCP MP Padamsinh Patil in CBI custody for Congress leader's murder (Roundup) - Jun 07, 2009
- Forensic experts to probe murder of Maharashtra Congress leader - Jun 11, 2009
- Slain Congress leader's wife wants trial in Mumbai - Mar 11, 2012