Two troopers hurt in Kashmir firingApril 30th, 2011 - 9:59 am ICT by IANS
Srinagar, April 30 (IANS) Two troopers of the counter insurgency Rashtriya Rifles (RR) were injured early Saturday in south Kashmir’s Pulwama district when separatist guerrillas opened fired at them, police said.
A senior police officer told IANS that the troops of 42 Rashtriya Rifles were laying a cordon around Inder Gadoora village, some 28 km from here, early Saturday following information about the presence of a group of militants.
“The cordon laying party was fired upon by the hiding militants, causing injuries to two jawans who have been evacuated to army’s base hospital in Srinagar.
“The cordon has been tightened and the security forces are closing in on the hiding militants.
“The security forces have to move in cautiously to ensure no collateral damage is caused to civilian life and property in the village,” the officer said.
- Two troopers injured in Kashmir firing (Lead) - Apr 30, 2011
- Guerrilla killed, soldier wounded in Kashmir gunfight (Lead) - Jun 30, 2012
- Gunfight continues on Srinagar outskirts (Lead) - Oct 21, 2010
- Two guerrillas killed, army major injured in Kashmir (Lead) - Jul 09, 2011
- Four guerrillas killed in Kashmir (Lead) - May 27, 2011
- Three LeT militants killed in Kashmir gunbattle (Lead changing dateline) - Jun 03, 2011
- Security forces, terrorists locked in gun battle (Lead) - Aug 04, 2011
- Gunfight in north Kashmir - Jun 30, 2012
- Two terrorists, soldier killed in Kashmir gunfight - Jul 21, 2010
- Gunfight between security forces, guerrillas in Kashmir (Lead) - Aug 29, 2012
- Security forces surround south Kashmir village - Mar 20, 2010
- Kashmir mosque siege on as militant refuses to give up (Lead) - Oct 18, 2010
- Militant, two security men killed in Kashmir (Lead) - Apr 05, 2011
- Militant, cop killed in Kashmir gunfight - Nov 12, 2010
- Militants engage troops in Kashmir village - Mar 03, 2010