Two Tripura judges suspended for irregularitiesMay 7th, 2008 - 9:07 pm ICT by admin
Agartala, May 7 (IANS) Two lower court judges in Tripura have been suspended on charges of irregularities, officials here said Wednesday. “We have received an order from the Guwahati High Court Registrar General Chitta Ranjan Sharma suspending additional chief judicial magistrate Sujit Kumar Bardhan and first-class judicial magistrate Hrishikesh Chakraborty,” said Subrata Paul, registrar of the Agartala bench of the high court.
“In a separate order, chief judicial magistrate of west Tripura district Shyamal Saha has been transferred to south Tripura district as CJM,” Paul told reporters.
According to Paul, no reasons were cited for the action.
“The two judges were suspended for showing alleged leniency in a recent dowry case filed by a daughter of another lower court judge against her husband, father-in-law, mother-in-law and sisters-in-law,” a court official said on condition of anonymity.
The official said two judges of the high court, Justice I.A. Ansari and Justice Ranjan Gogoi, on the advice of the chief justice had inquired into the allegations against the lower court judges.
A Tripura magistrate was suspended a few months ago on charges of alleged torture of his wife for dowry.
- Woman judge sacked in Tripura - Jun 24, 2012
- Dowry death: Victim's brothers-in-law get anticipatory bail - Jun 22, 2012
- Dowry death: Victim's mother-in-law told to surrender - Jun 20, 2012
- Tripura Left Front ministry to be expanded Sunday - Feb 10, 2012
- Court stops Tripura engineering admissions - Jul 10, 2012
- Haryana judges told to move high court over promotion - May 17, 2012
- Court offers relief to Gujarat police officer - Mar 22, 2011
- Kazmi urges resumption of hearing in sessions court - Jul 11, 2012
- Magistrate can grant remand under anti-terror law: Court - Jul 06, 2012
- Five Pakistani judges suspended for graft - Oct 22, 2010
- Three northeast states could get own high courts soon - Nov 27, 2011
- Congress' youth, students wings call strike in Tripura - Jul 11, 2012
- Court to hear appeal against own information officer - Feb 01, 2011
- Magistrate can grant remand under anti-terror law: Court (Lead) - Jul 06, 2012
- Bangladesh probes allegations of forged court orders - Mar 18, 2011