Two traders in illegal firearms arrested in West BengalJanuary 28th, 2009 - 10:16 pm ICT by IANS
Kolkata, Jan 28 (IANS) Two traders in illegal firearms were arrested in West Bengal Wednesday, the police said.”Acting on a tip-off we arrested two illegal arms traders - Abdul Masin and Espat Sheikh - from Shovanagar area under English Bazar police station in Malda district around 4 p.m. Wednesday,” district police superintendent Satyajit Bandopadhyay said.
“We have seized four improvised revolvers and 19 live cartridges from the duo,” Bandopadhyay said.
Masin and Sheikh are residents of Nurpur village under Manick Chowk police station in southern part of Malda and were involved in arms trading for the past four years, the police said.
“The duo has confessed that they procured the arms and cartridges from the bordering Jharkhand,” Bandopadhyay said.
“We are trying to find out who supplied them the arms and whom they were going to sell these to. Also, we are investigating if they are linked with any other arms racket,” the police superintendent said.
Malda is located about 340 km from Kolkata.
- Huge cache of arms recovered in Bengal - Feb 27, 2011
- Illegal arms unit unearthed in Bengal, weapons seized - Apr 25, 2011
- Illegal arms factory raided in Kolkata - Mar 31, 2012
- Arms recovered in West Bengal - May 21, 2011
- Three held with 100 cartridges and firearms - Feb 16, 2011
- Illegal liquor factory busted in Madhya Pradesh - Oct 20, 2011
- Two Kashmiri men held with arms in West Bengal - Nov 15, 2009
- Three arms smugglers held, weapons seized in Bengal - Mar 12, 2011
- Five held for running illegal arms unit in Bengal - Mar 30, 2011
- Fake currency worth Rs four lakhs seized in West Bengal - Nov 24, 2010
- Illegal arms factory busted in Meerut - Jan 16, 2011
- 53,000 arrests made in Bengal ahead of polls - Apr 08, 2011
- Five men held for firearms racket in Uttar Pradesh - Dec 17, 2010
- 49 firearms, 1,000 detonators seized in West Bengal - Jun 10, 2011
- Youth arrested with cartridges - Sep 26, 2011