Two torched for practising black magicSeptember 16th, 2010 - 1:26 am ICT by IANS
Hyderabad, Sep 15 (IANS) Two people were burnt alive by a mob for practising black magic in Andhra Pradesh’s Nalgonda district Wednesday, police said.
Police said the incident took place at Kaitapur in Choutuppal mandal of Nalgonda district, about 60 km from here.
About 60 villagers, the majority of them women, thrashed Narasimha, 65, and Yelaiah, 68, and burnt them alive in a cremation ground, police said.
The incident took place around 1.30 p.m. when the group of villagers attacked the place where the two were staying and took them to the cremation ground before torching them, police said.
“Some people in the village had fallen ill and one of them had died. The villagers suspected that it happened due to black magic being practiced by the two,” said Rajesh Kumar, superintendent of police, Nalgonda district.
“Fifty to 60 people participated in this act and majority of them were women. We have registered a case and are investigating,” the police official said.
- Tribal woman killed for suspected witchcraft in Tripura - Feb 11, 2012
- Hooch kills 17 in Andhra (Second Lead) - Jan 01, 2012
- Jharkhand woman killed, cut up, roasted, eaten by murderers - Jun 07, 2011
- Andhra villagers torch youth to death - May 31, 2011
- Branded a witch, woman beaten to death - Sep 26, 2010
- Man shoots son dead over serving mutton (Lead) - Mar 11, 2012
- Man shoots son dead over serving mutton - Mar 11, 2012
- Villagers kill three in Jharkhand for practising 'black magic' - Jun 23, 2012
- Villagers beat three thieves to death - May 19, 2012
- Spurious liquor kills six in Andhra - Dec 31, 2011
- Driver burnt alive by angry mob in Bihar - Apr 26, 2012
- Five women stripped, paraded naked in Jharkhand - Oct 19, 2009
- Andhra villagers torch man to death (Lead) - May 31, 2011
- Two killed in Andhra fire mishap - Apr 02, 2012
- Driver set ablaze after minor's death - Aug 17, 2011