Two thrown out of train, one dead (Lead)May 14th, 2012 - 10:53 pm ICT by IANS
Ahmedabad, May 14 (IANS) A man from Bihar was killed and another was battling for life Monday after being thrown out of a train in Gujarat when they resisted an attempt to snatch their mobile phones.
Police said Rajiv Kumar died and Rakesh Mahto was warded in a hospital in Nadiad town following the ghastly attack in Kheda district Sunday.
They were travelling on Mysore Express after writing an exam in Ahmedabad when a gang confronted them.
This led to a scuffle, after which they were pushed out of the moving train between Ahmedabad and Nadiad railway stations.
Deputy Superintendent of Police (Railways) S.S. Baranda told IANS that police were hunting for the gang members.
“We came to know about the ghastly incident only after Rakesh spoke to us after recovering consciousness.”
Earlier, police had registered a case of accidental death after finding the body of Rajiv Kumar near the tracks.
- Two thrown out of train, one dies - May 14, 2012
- Bihar BJP legislator arrested for killing employee - Jul 23, 2012
- Woman thrown out of train for resisting robbery - Apr 13, 2011
- Rail official killed in Bihar - Aug 08, 2012
- 31 detonators seized in Gujarat - Aug 05, 2011
- Police are lying, says assaulted sportswoman - Apr 27, 2011
- Police are lying, says assaulted sportswoman (Lead) - Apr 27, 2011
- Woman thrown out of train for resisting robbery (Lead) - Apr 13, 2011
- BJP legislator sent to 14 days custody (Lead) - Jul 23, 2012
- Gang that drugged and robbed passengers caught - Jun 13, 2012
- Cop suspended for not cooperating in Assam youth's death-probe - Jul 26, 2012
- Teacher thrown off train, dies - Aug 27, 2012
- Robbery bid: Girl falls off moving vehicle, one held - Jul 30, 2012
- Missing Assam youth's body found in Bihar - Jul 15, 2012
- Rs.3 lakh snatched from woman in Ghaziabad - Jun 08, 2012