Two thrown off bus for paying Rs.2 less, run overMay 13th, 2008 - 7:06 pm ICT by admin
Jharsuguda (Orissa) May 13 (IANS) Two people, including a child, died after they were pushed out of a private bus by its conductor for paying Rs.2 less than the fare near Orissa’s Jharsuguda city Tuesday, the police said. The victims were a man and his three-year-old daughter. The conductor came to them after they boarded the bus, and asked for the fare. The man paid Rs.2 less than the fare amount of Rs.7. The conductor became furious and pushed them off the running bus.
The man and his daughter fell down and died after coming under its wheels. Their identities are yet to be established.
Hundreds of people gathered at the spot, some 374 km from the state capital Bhubaneswar. They staged angry protests and put the bus on fire. The police rushed to the spot and later arrested the bus conductor.
- Youth thrown out of bus for Rs.5, dies - Feb 26, 2012
- Orissa woman lynched as 'witch', 10 held - Sep 27, 2010
- After two deaths, Orissa cracks down on bus operators - May 17, 2008
- 34 killed in Himachal bus accident (Lead) - Sep 11, 2012
- 38 dead as train rams into bus in Uttar Pradesh - Jul 07, 2011
- Man poisons family, attempts suicide in Orissa - Apr 15, 2011
- 10 killed in Orissa road accident - Nov 03, 2011
- Eight dead in Tamil Nadu accident - Nov 06, 2011
- Bomb scare halts train in Orissa - May 29, 2010
- Three killed in accident - Mar 10, 2011
- Man run over by DTC bus - Jul 28, 2012
- Vijayakant fasts against price rise - Nov 24, 2011
- Tribal refuses to join Maoists, killed - Dec 09, 2010
- Two killed in Delhi road accidents - Dec 21, 2010
- Vedanta commissions power plant in Orissa - Aug 21, 2010