Two taxi drivers held for killing NRIOctober 20th, 2008 - 11:30 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Oct 20 (IANS) Two taxi drivers operating at the Indira Gandhi International (IGI) Airport were arrested here Monday for allegedly killing a Saudi Arabia based non-resident Indian (NRI), police said.Manish Kumar, 24, and Monu, 24, were arrested near Sanjay Gandhi transport Nagar when they returned to the capital from Haridwar in a car in the afternoon. A search for their third accomplice Anil alias Kale, 20, was still underway. All the accused hail from East Mehram Nagar in Delhi, according to the police.
Joint Commissioner of Police (Airport) Amulya Kumar Patnaik said last Tuesday the accused took K.T. Shameer, originally from Kerala, in their cab to Gurgaon and shot him dead before running away with his cash, mobile, belongings and debit cards.
They threw the body near NH-8 between Manesar and Bilaspur.
“The accused in their questioning said they were not getting enough money from their profession. They planned to get some wealthy passengers and earn lot of money by robbing them,” Patnaik said.
Shameer had arrived at the domestic airport last week late in the night by a Spice Jet Flight from Ahmadabad after which he was not traceable. A missing report was registered at the Palam police station Oct 14 and was changed into a case of abduction a day later.
Patnaik said it was found in investigations that money was withdrawn from Sameer’s debit cards of Al-Razi Bank of Saudi Arabia. Following this, a special watch was kept on taxi drivers and agents operating in the areas near the airport.
“Technical and manual surveillance were kept and the accused were arrested,” the officer added.
- One more cabbie arrested for killing NRI - Oct 21, 2008
- Drugs turn three youths into murderers - Oct 13, 2011
- Honeymooning German couple cheated - Jan 10, 2012
- Two arrested in Ghaziabad honour killing case - Jul 27, 2010
- Two taxi drivers held for killing woman in Delhi - May 14, 2012
- Gang of credit card cheats busted - Jan 28, 2011
- MBA held for using cloned ATM cards - Jun 02, 2011
- ATM card racket busted - Jan 13, 2012
- Man's body found in tin box - May 18, 2011
- Saudi Arabia detains woman for defying driving ban - May 23, 2011
- Saudi held in Malaysia for insulting Islam - Feb 10, 2012
- BSP legislator's son accused of assaulting Russian woman - Mar 01, 2012
- Delhi Police teams looking for runaway kidnappers of woman - Jul 26, 2011
- Four Nigerians held for cheating - Feb 01, 2012
- Delhi Police to quiz Jindal till July 20 (Second Lead) - Jul 05, 2012