Two students fall to death in Maharashtra instituteNovember 11th, 2008 - 6:56 pm ICT by IANS
Nagpur, Nov 11 (IANS) Two students of a government-run Industrial Training Institute (ITI) in a Maharashtra city died and five were grievously injured when they fell from the second floor of the institute building Tuesday, the police said.The seven students of the ITI in Warora, in Chandrapur district of east Vidarbha, 100 km from Nagpur, had climbed atop a water storage tank on the institute’s second floor to put in place its lid allegedly on instructions of their teachers.
They fell from an adjacent cement slab that crumbled under their weight, police inspector Shekhar Chincholkar told IANS.
The bodies of the dead, Pravin Meshram, 21 and Amol Kunkulwar, 20, were taken to a government hospital for autopsy and two critically injured students were brought to Nagpur.
Some agitated people in the city marched to the institute demanding action against teachers of the institute.
The police were in the process of registering offences against ITI principal C.G. Hardas and two instructors who allegedly asked the students to climb up the water tank.
- Teaching a lesson to the Badal government (Punjab Newsletter) - Dec 09, 2011
- One dead in battle tank accident - Mar 02, 2012
- 3 more farmers commit suicide in Vidarbha - May 22, 2012
- Teachers climb water tank in protest; baton charged (Lead) - Feb 21, 2011
- Police find nun's body in her convent - Aug 17, 2011
- 18-year-old dies during Dussehra - Oct 07, 2011
- More from Bengal schools: Two girls asked to disrobe - Jul 14, 2012
- Oman industrialist good Samaritan for Vidarbha farm widows - Apr 23, 2012
- Police find nun's body in her convent's tank (Lead) - Aug 17, 2011
- Kerala to launch virtual classrooms in 34 ITIs - May 14, 2012
- Boy electrocuted in Rajasthan - Jul 15, 2012
- Vidarbha shutdown total, trains stopped (Lead) - Jan 20, 2010
- Parts of Maharashtra sizzle at 47 degrees - May 26, 2012
- Five farmers commit suicide in Vidarbha - Sep 02, 2011
- Tigers maul, kill Maharashtra forest guard - Apr 22, 2012