Two students assaulted by bus staff in Delhi suburbDecember 4th, 2008 - 11:37 pm ICT by IANS
Noida (Uttar Pradesh), Dec 4 (IANS) Two students were severely assaulted Thursday morning by the staff of a private bus in Noida, on the outskirts of Delhi, when they asked the balance amount of the money they paid towards their fares. Gauri Shankar Tiwari (21) and his cousin, Mantosh Mishra (22) were punched and hit with iron rods by the bus staff after an altercation with the conductor, who allegedly refused to return their balance money.
According to Tiwari, they had paid Rs.50 towards the tickets which cost Rs.5 each. However, despite repeated requests, the balance of Rs.40 was not paid to them.
As they argued, the conductor threatened them while the driver stopped the bus on the roadside and joined the other staff in assaulting them.
The two suffered severe external head injuries and heavy bleeding from their faces, while Tiwari also sustained a fractured nose, according to the medical report.
Mishra later informed the police and the bus was intercepted and the three staff arrested. Cases have been lodged against them.
- Three held for selling fake bus passes - May 13, 2011
- Kin of deceased man vandalise Noida government hospital - Mar 21, 2012
- Man stabbed to death over Rs.60 - Dec 25, 2011
- Eight students among 12 killed in Haryana road accident - Apr 28, 2011
- Eight arrested for thrashing Delhi hotel official (Lead) - Feb 26, 2012
- Pakistani woman killed by grandchildren - Oct 22, 2010
- Man run over by DTC bus - Jul 28, 2012
- Women at wheel: New face of Delhi's public transport (With Image) (March 8 is International Women's Day) - Mar 08, 2011
- Judge says Oz teens accused of attacking Indian men not to remain in custody - Feb 17, 2010
- Greed for Rs.1.50 cost DTC conductor his job - Jun 08, 2010
- 13 injured as bus falls off Delhi-Noida expressway (Second Lead) - Dec 24, 2010
- Three cops thrashed in Greater Noida - Sep 04, 2010
- VLCC trips on weight loss, asked to pay Rs.50,000 - Mar 11, 2011
- Two arrested for attack on gang leader in Ghaziabad - Nov 25, 2011
- 13 injured as bus falls off Delhi-Noida expressway (Lead) - Dec 23, 2010