Two sisters get life term for killing mother, brotherApril 21st, 2011 - 8:37 pm ICT by IANS
Patna, April 21 (IANS) A Bihar court Thursday sentenced two sisters to life imprisonment for the murder of their mother and brother in 2009 for opposing their plan to go in for love marriage, officials said.
Darbhanga Additional District and Sessions judge Narayan Bhaskar Mani found the two sisters - Madhu Kumari and Mala Kumari - guilty of setting their mother and brother on fire after dousing them with kerosene at Subhankarpur village in Darbhanga district.
According to officials, the court awarded life-term to both sisters.
Police in its chargesheet said the sisters set their mother Sumit Devi and brother Mukesh Kumar on fire at Subhankarpur July 9, 2009.
The court also slapped a fine of Rs.10,000 on each sister.
- Couple in extra marital affair burnt to death - Mar 03, 2010
- Gujarat cop gets life term - Sep 10, 2010
- Woman, her two kids set afire in Bangladesh for dowry - Jul 05, 2011
- Hang bride burners: Supreme Court, - Oct 09, 2010
- Indian-origin woman sets fire to husband to 'purify penis' - Oct 07, 2010
- Toddlers burnt alive - Feb 05, 2011
- Class 4 kid sets junior on fire in Bihar - Sep 17, 2011
- President Patil's intervention gets job for injured woman footballer - Mar 24, 2011
- Parents, five relatives get jail for human sacrifice of two kids - Dec 01, 2011
- Missing nurse case: Rs.5 lakh reward for tip-off on accused - Apr 11, 2012
- Man sentenced to life for killing sister-in-law - Jul 18, 2012
- Court summons Ganga crusader's guru - Jun 20, 2011
- 21 jailed in China for telecom fraud - Jul 22, 2011
- Dalit woman burnt alive in Madhya Pradesh - May 27, 2010
- Missing nurse case: Legislator's kin declared proclaimed offender - Apr 16, 2012