Two securitymen at Haryana Governor’s House convicted of rapeMay 25th, 2009 - 10:03 pm ICT by IANS
Chandigarh, May 25 (IANS) Two securitymen, posted at the Haryana governor’s official residence here, were convicted on rape charges by a local court here Monday.
Additional district and sessions judge Ravi Kumar held commando Vijendra Singh and constable Dinesh of the Haryana Armed Police, posted at the Governor’s House, guilty of rape.
Along with them, their friend Ravi Sahay, a civilian, was also convicted.
The two securitymen had been suspended from services after their arrest.
According to the police, the victim, a resident of Mohali town, about 10 km from here, was returning home late night in February 2008 with an acquaintance after catering work at the Rock Garden when they were signalled to stop by one of the accused.
The woman was taken inside one of the government houses in the high-security zone, just 100 metres from the Haryana and Punjab Raj Bhawan (governor’s houses) and raped by the three. The rape was confirmed by the medical reports, according to the police officer who investigated the case.
The quantum of the sentence will be announced Wednesday.
- Two Haryana policemen get 10 years for rape - May 29, 2009
- CWG mascot 'Shera' stolen from Chandigarh's high-security zone - Oct 16, 2010
- Haryana governor's security personnel booked for rape - Feb 21, 2008
- Cops suspended as Santa goes up in smoke in Chandigarh - Dec 29, 2010
- Haryana governor's security men arrested for rape - Feb 21, 2008
- Haryana policeman shoots self - May 02, 2012
- Haryana cop, four youths arrested in gang rape case - Jun 18, 2011
- Gurgaon hooliganism due to lack of cops: Residents - Jan 02, 2012
- Mohali match: Can Chandigarh's infrastructre handle it? - Mar 27, 2011
- Fiza Mohammed commits suicide - Aug 06, 2012
- Haryana Police officer arrested for assaulting Chandigarh cop - Aug 20, 2012
- Haryana health minister among six injured in accident - Jul 09, 2012
- Haryana to recruit 11,000 constables - Sep 10, 2012
- Punjab functionary resigns after graft charge, arrest - May 08, 2011
- Hang Afzal call grows loud, nation remembers 'martyrs' (Roundup) - Dec 13, 2011