Two security guards killed in ChandigarhMay 1st, 2010 - 9:30 pm ICT by IANS
Chandigarh, May 1 (IANS) Two private security guards were murdered and their bodies were thrown near a canal here in the early hours of Saturday. The two men had earlier helped in arresting a gang of robbers, police said.
The victims were identified as Sucha Singh, 35, and Gurdial Singh, 65. They were employed with two different godowns at Darua village near here.
“From the preliminary investigations it seems that were beaten to death as there were no signs of stabbing on their bodies. They were last seen near the godowns at around 3.30 a.m. and later went missing,” a police officer said.
“A few days back, on the basis of a tip-off from the deceased, we had arrested two members of a gang stealing pipes from this area. Three members of the gang are still at large and we suspect they could have commited this crime,” the officer added.
- Punjab Police arrest nine robbers - Jun 24, 2011
- Five robbers held in Delhi - Jan 29, 2011
- Market complex owner, guard murdered - Aug 01, 2011
- Two elderly women stabbed to death in Delhi (lead) - Jul 24, 2012
- Gang of robbers busted, four arrested - Jun 07, 2010
- Air Force official murder case solved, four arrested - Jan 24, 2012
- Vehicles, ornaments, a body recovered from Bhakra canal - Apr 22, 2011
- Haryana police busts gang of highway robbers - May 05, 2012
- Nurse case: CBI chief, other officials reach Jodhpur - Jan 05, 2012
- Nurse case: Two accused sent to CBI custody (Lead) - Jan 05, 2012
- Elderly women's murder case solved, five arrested - Jul 26, 2012
- Two held for Uttar Pradesh cop's killing - Oct 27, 2011
- One more arrested in Bhanwari case - Jan 17, 2012
- Gang of car thieves nabbed in Punjab - Dec 12, 2010
- Himachal court orders CBI probe into man's death - Aug 24, 2011