Two scribes killed in Chhattisgarh car crashApril 17th, 2008 - 8:36 pm ICT by admin
Raipur, April 17 (IANS) Two journalists were killed and two injured in a road accident in Chhattisgarh Thursday when a car in which they were travelling hit a tree, the police said. The two - Javed Khan and Dilharan Manikpuri - were employed with a local Hindi daily at Bilaspur city. The accident took place near Jagdalpur, district headquarters of Bastar, when they were on way to Dantewada.
The accident site is some 290 km south of capital Raipur.
The Bastar police said four people, including three journalists, were in the car when it crashed into a tree on the roadside on National Highway-43.
The third journalist in the car, Manharan Sahu, has been admitted to the Government Medical College and Hospital, Jagdalpur, along with vehicle driver Sonau Ram in a critical condition.
- Four killed in Chhattisgarh accident - Oct 20, 2010
- Maoist strike cripples Chhattisgarh, 8 cops injured (Lead) - May 17, 2012
- Three troopers killed in Chhattisgarh blast - Oct 07, 2011
- Man killed by Maoists during Chhattisgarh shutdown (Lead) - Oct 23, 2010
- 10 securitymen die in Maoist landmine blast (Lead) - Jun 10, 2011
- 25 cops, prisoners injured in Chhattisgarh blast - Jun 02, 2012
- 25 cops, prisoners injured in Chhattisgarh blast (Lead) - Jun 02, 2012
- Cop killed, 24 others injured in Chhattisgarh blast (Second Lead) - Jun 02, 2012
- Five policemen killed in Chhattisgarh Maoist attacks - Jun 27, 2011
- Two Chhattisgarh cops killed in accident - Sep 03, 2011
- Three CRPF men killed in Chhattisgarh Maoist attack (Second Lead) - Jun 11, 2011
- 10 Chhattisgarh cops killed in Maoist attack (Second Lead) - Jun 10, 2011
- Iron-ore laden coaches derail in Chhattisgarh - May 21, 2012
- Maoists block highway, damage rail track in Chhattisgarh - Dec 05, 2011
- Five killed in Chhattisgarh road accident - Oct 12, 2010