Two schoolgirls die in road accident (Lead)July 4th, 2008 - 9:41 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, July 4 (IANS) Two teenage schoolgirls were killed when a speeding truck hit a motorcycle which the father of one of them was riding here early Friday, the police said. The truck then smashed into a tractor-trolley and a van, leaving a total of five people, including the truck driver, injured. The accident occurred in Burari area in northwest Delhi around 6.30 a.m.
The dead girls were identified as Anjali, 15, and Neelam, 18, both students of a government school in Shalimar Bagh. Anjali’s father Jagdish was taking his daughter and her friend Neelam to the school.
The three of them were rushed to a hospital, but by then the girls — one a Class 10 student and another in Class 12 - were dead due to excessive loss of blood.
The truck, from Haryana, was moving from the Inter-State Bus Terminus to G.T. Karnal Road.
Jagdish was reportedly recovering from mutliple injuries at the Jaipur Golden Hospital, the police said.
Among the others injured were Jawahar, 28, and Prashadi Lal, 25, who were in the tractor-trolley. Both men are from Uttar Pradesh. Van driver Sikander, 30, was also injured.
Truck driver Ram Niwas, 34, will be formally arrested when he is discharged from hospital, a police officer said. A case of rash and negligent driving has been registered against him.
- Agra road accident claims two lives - Apr 27, 2012
- Four killed as oil tanker hits tractor-trolley - Oct 06, 2011
- Five killed in train-tractor trolley mishap - May 27, 2011
- Nine killed in Uttar Pradesh accident - Jun 19, 2010
- 41 killed in Uttar Pradesh accident - Aug 22, 2011
- 14 killed in Uttar Pradesh road accident - Jul 20, 2012
- 18 killed in Uttar Pradesh accident - Feb 09, 2010
- After movie trip, Punjab students land up in hospital - Nov 05, 2009
- Eight devotees killed in Uttar Pradesh - Oct 15, 2010
- Two Delhi University students killed in accident - Oct 11, 2011
- Three killed in Haryana school bus accident - Feb 22, 2011
- IPS officer crushed to death in Madhya Pradesh (Lead) - Mar 08, 2012
- Six killed as train rams into vehicle - Mar 09, 2010
- Nine kanwarias killed in road accidents (Lead) - Aug 06, 2010
- Five killed in accident, driver commits suicide - May 20, 2010