Two sacked Haryana cops accused of rape arrestedJune 12th, 2008 - 2:02 pm ICT by IANS
Chandigarh, June 12 (IANS) Two sacked Haryana policemen accused of raping a woman who later committed suicide at the office of a top police official were arrested in Haryana’s Rohtak district. Head constable Balraj Singh and constable Silak Ram were arrested late Wednesday night.
“Both of them came to surrender at the residence of the Rohtak superintendent of police. They were arrested outside the SP’s official residence,” a police official said.
“They were handed over to SP crime branch, Rajinder Singh, who is carrying out the investigation in this case,” the official said.
Sarita committed suicide in the office of Haryana’s additional director general of police (ADGP) V.B. Singh Monday. She took the extreme step as she was frustrated with police inaction against head constable Balraj Singh and constable Silak Ram, who she alleged had raped her.
Chief Minister Bhupinder Singh Hooda has announced Rs.500,000 as relief to the family of the victim.
- Haryana cops accused of rape arrested, Hooda assures fair probe (Lead) - Jun 12, 2008
- Haryana shuffles police officers after woman's suicide - Jun 12, 2008
- Hooda washes his hands of Kanda - Aug 10, 2012
- Two Haryana cops accused of rape dismissed - Jun 10, 2008
- High court seeks report on Haryana woman's rape, suicide - Jun 13, 2008
- Haryana hands over Sarita rape, suicide case to CBI - Jun 17, 2008
- Warden booked for sodomising mentally disabled in Haryana - Jul 02, 2012
- Hooda's ministers not new to crime controversies (News Analysis) - Aug 06, 2012
- Acid attack on woman volleyball player in Haryana - May 26, 2012
- Shooting incident outside Haryana chief minister's house - Jul 17, 2010
- Three arrested for Haryana girl's rape, murder (Lead) - May 27, 2011
- Scandals to protests, Hooda gets busy this summer (Haryana Newsletter) - Jul 06, 2012
- Kanda may move high court for anticipatory bail - Aug 10, 2012
- Haryana Government asked to file report on Rohtak suicide case - Jun 13, 2008
- Ex-flight attendant's suicide: Hooda assures action - Aug 05, 2012