Two robbers arrested in NoidaFebruary 8th, 2009 - 10:05 pm ICT by IANS
Noida, Feb 8 (IANS) Two suspected members of an inter-state robbers’ gang were arrested from this satellite town of the national Capital city, and the police Sunday said they were allegedly involved in a case of waylaying last month.
The police Saturday evening arrested three the Sector-18 area.
Israel alias Guddu and Ikrar had robbed two Amity University girls of their laptops, mobile phones, a gold pendant and a debit card at a gunpoint Jan 27 in the Sector-18 market.
Israel and Ikrar sold the laptop for Rs.6,000 to Surendra Singh in Tughlaqabad Extension in Delhi.
Surendra had come to meet the two accused when they were arrested, district police chief Navin Arora said.
Israel and Ikrar were put under surveillance and on February 7, their location was traced to near Gurudwara in Sector-18.
The police recovered the laptop and the debit card, a revolver and a live cartridge from Israel. The motorcyle they had used to commit the robbery was also seized. The bike was stolen from the Tughlaqabad police station area around one and half months back, the police said.
The police said the arrested have many robbery cases registered against them in various police stations of Delhi.
- Four Maoists surrender in Uttar Pradesh - Jul 22, 2011
- Youth arrested with cartridges - Sep 26, 2011
- Four teenagers held for 25 robberies, carjackings - Mar 04, 2010
- Criminal wanted in 17 cases arrested - Mar 16, 2011
- Manipuri girl raped - Jan 20, 2012
- Four Nigerians held for cheating - Feb 01, 2012
- Punjab Police arrest nine robbers - Jun 24, 2011
- British mission staffer's son, 6 others held for robbery - Jan 22, 2011
- Gang of credit card cheats busted - Jan 28, 2011
- Armed robbers loot Rs.15 lakh in Noida, nabbed, money recovered (Lead) - Aug 06, 2012
- Delhi University student arrested for theft - Jul 26, 2010
- Petrol pump looted in Noida - Jun 14, 2010
- Two held for carry pistol in Noida Metro station - Dec 31, 2010
- Arms smuggler held in Uttar Pradesh - Sep 10, 2011
- Betting gang busted in Gurgaon - Jul 27, 2010