Two revenue officials get two years jail for corruptionFebruary 25th, 2012 - 1:32 am ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Feb 24 (IANS) A court Friday sentenced two revenue officials to two years jail for corruption on a lawyer’s complaint.Special Judge Sangita Dhingra Sehgal sentenced Patwari (village accountant) Mahesh Chander and Kanungo Harish Chand Khulbe to two years rigorous imprisonment for demanding and accepting bribe from a lawyer.
“In the current scenario prevailing in the country, it is quiet evident that the evil of corruption is eating into the vitals of the fabric and corroding the character of the nation while eroding the confidence reposed by the society in public servants,” said Sehgal.
The court also imposed a fine of Rs.15,000 on both of the convict.
According to complainant and lawyer Sanjay Aggarwal, he made an application for obtaining no-objection certificate (NOC) and status report for his client Rajendra Prasad for his property at Shastri Nagar.
Chander, posted in tehsildar notification branch at Tis Hazari, demanded Rs. 5000 from Agarwal for issuing the NOC and settled for Rs.2,100. He also assured that he would try to persuade Khulbe to allow the NOC.
Agarwal approached the anti-corruption branch and lodged a complaint against the accused.
The agency laid a trap and caught the accused red-handed accepting bribe February 2004.
- No bail for Advani's former aide, ex BJP MPs - Oct 21, 2011
- Assistant drug controller arrested for bribery - Jun 22, 2012
- More time for probe into graft plea against Dikshit - Sep 04, 2012
- Kulkarni sent to Tihar till Oct 1 - Sep 27, 2011
- Kulkarni appears before court in cash-for-vote scam - Sep 27, 2011
- Jail, 100 times bribe fine for two policemen - Feb 24, 2012
- Two provident fund officials arrested for graft - Oct 05, 2011
- 2G: Court seeks report on plea against PM - Aug 16, 2012
- Amar Singh seeks interim bail after initial no-show - Sep 06, 2011
- CBI arrests two PNB officials accepting bribe - Jul 29, 2012
- Bofors case: Delhi Court adjourns hearing till Jan. 6 - Jan 04, 2011
- Cash-for-votes: Kulkarni jailed, Amar bail decision Wednesday (Roundup) - Sep 27, 2011
- Karnataka BJP legislator jailed in bribery case (Lead) - Jun 02, 2012
- Chandigarh official sent to judicial remand - Dec 02, 2010
- Maharashtra cop caught accepting bribe - Aug 18, 2011
Tags: bribe, chander, complainant, convict, corruption, harish, hazari, kanungo, New Delhi, noc, objection certificate, public servants, rajendra prasad, revenue officials, rigorous imprisonment, rs 2, sanjay, sehgal, special judge, vitals