Two rebels arrested in MeghalayaJune 10th, 2012 - 9:07 pm ICT by IANS
Shillong, June 10 (IANS) Two Garo National Liberation Army (GNLA) rebels were arrested Sunday from Meghalaya’s West Garo Hills, police said.
Chukat Sangma and Mathew Sangma were arrested from the Purakhasia area bordering Bangladesh, Inspector General of Police F.D. Sangma told IANS.
He said a pistol, a revolver, ammunition and some documents were recovered from their possession.
“We are interrogating them and expect them to spill the beans on GNLA’s activities,” he said.
The GNLA is headed by police officer-turned outlaw Champion R. Sangma, in three districts of the Garo Hills. It also has alliances with the United Liberation Front of Asom (Ulfa) and the National Democratic Front of Bodoland (NDFB).
- Garo militant nabbed in Meghalaya (Lead) - Jun 06, 2012
- GNLA commander killed, camp busted in Meghalaya - Sep 14, 2012
- Two GNLA rebels held in Meghalaya - Dec 08, 2010
- Top GNLA rebel arrested - Nov 24, 2011
- GNLA chief arrested near Bangladesh border in Meghalaya (Lead) - Jul 30, 2012
- Meghalaya rebel chief to move bail - Aug 09, 2012
- Three GNLA rebels arrested - Nov 05, 2010
- 'Link between Meghalaya rebel group, student activists' - Sep 04, 2011
- Assam businessman killed, another abducted in Meghalaya - Aug 08, 2012
- GNLA chief arrested due to efforts of India, Bangladesh - Jul 31, 2012
- GNLA chief to move fresh bail plea in Meghalaya court - Sep 12, 2012
- Meghalaya's views sought to declare GNLA outlawed - Nov 01, 2011
- Rebels kill policeman, injure three in Meghalaya - May 30, 2012
- Three Meghalaya rebels nabbed - Nov 25, 2011
- Militant nabbed in Meghalaya - Jun 05, 2012
Tags: alliances, bangladesh, champion, chukat, inspector general, mathew, national democratic front, national liberation army, outlaw, pistol, police officer, possession, rebels, revolver ammunition, shillong, ulfa, united liberation front, west garo hills