Two Rajasthan cops surrender in Dara Singh killingJuly 30th, 2012 - 11:57 pm ICT by IANS
Jaipur, July 30 (IANS) Two policemen surrendered before a court in Rajasthan Monday in the alleged staged shootout killing of criminal Dara Singh in 2006, a lawyer said.
Inspector Rajesh Choudhary and Assistant Sub-inspector Arvind Bhardwaj were untraceable for the last 14 months.
Additional District Judge Anita Sharma here remanded Choudhary and Bhardwaj in judicial custody till Aug 3, he added.
The number of policemen arrested in the case has now gone up to 13.
The Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) earlier arrested suspended additional director general of police A.K. Jain, Inspector General A. Ponnuchami, Additional Superintendent of Police Arshad Ali and eight other policemen.
The two policemen who surrendered Monday were proclaimed offenders in the case in which Dara Singh was allegedly gunned down by a police team on the outskirts of Jaipur Oct 23, 2006.
Choudhary and Bhardwaj came to the court along with his lawyers around 4 p.m. Monday.
Their lawyer A.K. Jain told IANS that neither the investigation officer of the case from the CBI nor the agency’s lawyers were present at the time of the accused officers’ surrender.
“The court then sent Choudhary and Bhardwaj to judicial custody till Aug 3,” said lawyer Jain.
Only one accused policeman remains to be arrested in the case.
- Rajasthan cop surrenders in staged shootout case - Nov 09, 2011
- Custody of five Rajasthan Police officers extended - May 26, 2011
- Suspended IPS officer's judicial custody extended - Feb 29, 2012
- Rajasthan IPS officer surrenders in Dara Singh case - Feb 28, 2012
- Rajasthan IPS official's bail rejected - Jul 16, 2012
- Rajasthan police officer denied bail in Dara Singh killing - Aug 22, 2012
- Custody of senior Rajasthan BJP leader extended - Apr 09, 2012
- Bail denied to suspended cop in Dara Singh killing - Mar 02, 2012
- Four Rajasthan cops accused of staged gunfight surrender - Jul 26, 2011
- Rajasthan legislator held for 2006 'staged' shootout - Apr 05, 2012
- Court extends Rajasthan BJP leader's judicial custody - Apr 16, 2012
- Warrant for arrest of senior Rajasthan cops - May 17, 2011
- Senior Rajasthan cop sent to police custody - May 16, 2011
- Dara Singh case: BJP leader named in charge sheet - Jun 03, 2011
- Staged shootout: Charges framed against Rajasthan IPS officer - May 01, 2012
Tags: anita, arshad ali, arvind, bhardwaj, cbi, central bureau of investigation, dara singh, district judge, inspector general, jain, judicial custody, lawyer, outskirts, police team, policeman, policemen, proclaimed offenders, rajesh, superintendent, surrender