Two prisoners escape from police custody in AgraApril 12th, 2008 - 5:16 am ICT by admin
Agra, April 11 (IANS) Two under-trails prisoners escaped from police custody Friday in Uttar Pradesh after throwing red chilly powder in the eyes of policeman escorting them to a court here. The two under-trials were being brought from Firozabad to Agra civil court for a hearing in a robbery case when they managed to flee from the police custody after throwing chilly in the eyes of a police constable.
The police from many surrounding stations were pressed into service to nab them without any success.
The incident was followed by confusion in the Agra court as senior police officials ordered all relatives and friends of prisoners to leave the court premises and the gates were closed and checking of individuals was ordered.
A human rights activist informed IANS that the Agra district jail is filled way beyond capacity and jail authorities have been pleading with the district officials not to send any more people to the jail there.
- Prisoner escapes after throwing chili powder on constable - Mar 02, 2011
- 13 prisoners escape from prison van in Uttar Pradesh - Aug 09, 2012
- 10 arrested for helping criminals escape police custody - Apr 30, 2010
- Prisoners 'escort' cops to police station - Sep 04, 2010
- Cops eat ice cream with accused, face action - Feb 23, 2011
- Two constables arrested after prisoners escape - Nov 26, 2011
- 10 prisoners escape from Rajasthan jail - Aug 20, 2012
- 10 prisoners escape from Bhopal court lockup - Nov 09, 2010
- Cops gun down wanted criminal in Uttar Pradesh - Jul 28, 2011
- Undertrial commits suicide in Uttar Pradesh prison - Sep 20, 2011
- Arrested for murder, Bihar girl raped in custody - Aug 24, 2011
- Uttar Pradesh jails to get video-conferencing facility - Mar 27, 2010
- Three cops jailed for 10 years for torture death - Jun 01, 2012
- 14 undertrials escape from Rajasthan jail - Dec 09, 2011
- Goa cop arrested for molesting woman - Mar 29, 2012