Two premier scientific institutes being built in BhopalOctober 8th, 2008 - 9:19 pm ICT by IANS
Bhopal, Oct 8 (IANS) Human Resource Development Minister Arjun Singh Wednesday stressed on more scientific research and development in India and said the central government had earmarked Rs.840 billion in the 11th Five Year Plan for the development of human resource. Singh was here to attend the foundation laying ceremony for two premier scientific institutes - Indian Institute of Science Education and Research (IISER) and the School of Planning and Architecture (SPA) - at Bhounri village near here.
The two institutes are being set up at a cost of more than Rs.5 billion.
The minister said students were being motivated to carry out more research activities in science and teachers should come forward to encourage it.
Stressing upon the need for women’s education in the state, Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan said his government has introduced ‘Gaon ki Beti’ (daughter of the village) scheme under which annual stipend of Rs.5,000 was given to those girls who scored more than 60 percent marks in their examinations.
- East Asian nations need to cooperate on education: India (With Images) - Jul 05, 2012
- PM warns against growing intolerance (Roundup) - Jun 02, 2012
- Need national leaders from science, engineering: PM - Aug 18, 2012
- Expand human resource pool in science, technology: PM (Lead) - Oct 19, 2010
- Manmohan Singh wants Indian scientists to think out of the box - Jan 03, 2011
- Africa seeks long-term scientific partnership with India (With Images) - Mar 01, 2012
- India to set up education planning institute in Burundi - Oct 19, 2011
- Expand human resource pool in science, technology: PM - Oct 19, 2010
- Want India's help to develop indigenous technology: African Union - Mar 05, 2012
- A Vigyan Gram in Tripura to popularise science - Aug 31, 2010
- India to expand science, tech cooperation with Africa (Lead) - Mar 04, 2012
- India, Africa poised to expand science, tech cooperation - Mar 04, 2012
- India failed to optimally use science and technology: PM - Jun 02, 2012
- 'Africa needs India for education' - Jul 29, 2012
- Awards announced for India-Britain research - Nov 15, 2011