Two policemen killed by guerrillas in SrinagarApril 26th, 2011 - 12:40 am ICT by IANS
Srinagar, April 25 (IANS) Two policemen were killed in an attack by separatist guerrillas late Monday evening in this Jammu and Kashmir summer capital, police said.
The guerrillas attacked a police party in the Nowgam area, eight km from city centre Lal Chowk, a senior police officer said.
“Two police constables were critically injured in the militant attack. Sustaining fatal bullet injuries, the two died before they could be evacuated to hospital,” the officer said.
Another police constable sustained injuries in the attack, which occurred barely 100 metres away from the Nowgam police station.
Senior police officers have already reached the spot to take stock of the situation.
So far, no arrests have been made in this connection. No guerrilla group has yet claimed responsibility for the attack.
Guerrillas carried out a powerful explosion in Srinagar on April 8 killing Maulana Showkat Ahmad Shah, the president of the local Jamiat-e-Ahlehadith here.
- Three arrested for Maulana Showkat killing (Lead) - Apr 16, 2011
- 3 arrested for Maulana Showkat killing - Apr 16, 2011
- Top Kashmiri separatist leaders refuse security offer (Lead) - Apr 10, 2011
- Gurrillas shoot dead two policemen in Kashmir (Second Lead) - Jul 03, 2012
- Maulana opposed to stone throwing killed in Srinagar (Third Lead) - Apr 08, 2011
- Guerrillas kill cop in Kashmir - May 17, 2011
- Guerrillas kill cop in Srinagar - Sep 28, 2011
- Religious leader killed in Srinagar blast, city shuts down (Second Lead) - Apr 08, 2011
- Police officer, bodyguard wounded in Srinagar attack - Jan 04, 2011
- Guerrillas shoot dead Kashmir policeman, injure another (Lead) - Jul 03, 2012
- Cop dies in guerrilla attack in Kashmir - Jul 03, 2012
- Kashmir minister escapes bid on life, cop killed - Dec 12, 2011
- Kashmiri separatist leaders offered security cover - Apr 10, 2011
- Cop killed in Kashmir gunfight - Sep 26, 2011
- Two including 16-year-old killed in Kashmir firing (Second Lead) - Sep 06, 2010
Tags: ahmad shah, capital police, explosion, fatal bullet, guerrilla group, jamiat, jammu, kashmir, lal, police constable, police constables, police officer, police officers, police station, policemen, separatist guerrillas, stock