Two policemen commit suicideFebruary 18th, 2008 - 4:49 pm ICT by admin
Bhopal, Feb 18 (IANS) Two Madhya Pradesh policemen have committed suicide over the past two days, the authorities said Monday. One of them accused his seniors of pushing him to kill himself. Constable Tej Singh Mewada, 50, hanged himself from a ceiling fan at Anand Nagar here Sunday while Assistant Sub-Inspector M.S. Raghuvanishi committed suicide a day earlier in Guna district.
Police sources said Mewada didn’t leave any suicide note. His body has been sent for post-mortem.
Raghuvanshi left a note saying pressure from superiors had forced him to take his life, the sources said.
Madhya Pradesh Director General of Police A.R. Pawar said: “Since the job of policemen is demanding, pressure is bound to be there.” But Pawar added that an inquiry would be conducted into the charges levelled by the deceased.
- Haryana cop commits suicide - Apr 05, 2011
- MCA student hangs himself after father's scolding - Sep 16, 2011
- Police misinterpreted girl's autopsy: Suspended doctor - Jun 15, 2011
- Betrayed by lover, minor girl commits suicide - Jun 19, 2011
- Man hangs himself to death in Gurgaon - Jun 16, 2012
- Uttar Pradesh rights panel takes up killed doctor's case - Jun 24, 2011
- BJP demands third autopsy of murdered UP girl - Jun 14, 2011
- On-duty cop commits suicide at Howrah station - Nov 12, 2011
- Court seeks original records from army on officer's death - May 03, 2012
- UP girl's murder confirmed; 11 cops, three doctors suspended (Second Lead) - Jun 13, 2011
- Four Uttar Pradesh cops suspended - Sep 30, 2011
- 14-year-old commits suicide - Aug 26, 2012
- Management student commits suicide - Aug 30, 2010
- Boy commits suicide after mother's scolding - Feb 28, 2011
- Software engineer commits suicide in Noida - Jan 20, 2010