Two persons killed in separate accidents in DelhiAugust 28th, 2008 - 9:53 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Aug 28 (IANS) Two people were killed in separate accidents in the national capital Thursday, the police said. A speeding blueline bus, plying on route no. 34 between Mehrauli and Noida, crushed a 22-year-old man in Kalindi Kunj south Delhi.
“The deceased, Ajay Sharma, was crossing the road when he was hit by the bus,” a police officer said.
“The victim was rushed to AIIMS where the doctors declared him brought dead. He had suffered multiple injuries. He was working as a mechanic in the local area,” said the police officer.
The victim was a native of Bihar and was in the capital for past few years.
“The bus driver Ravinder Kumar has been arrested,” the police officer added.
In another case, a 36-year-old driver of a Delhi Jal Board tanker died after his tanker rammed into a road roller in Vasant Kunj area of southwest district.
“The tanker driver, Roop Chand was driving the tanker at a high speed and was going towards Munirka. The tanker rammed into the road roller used for road construction,” said the police officer
“Due to the impact, the driver was severely injured. He was rushed to Safdarjung hospital where he succumbed to his injuries.”
- Speeding car injures five - Apr 21, 2012
- Blueline bus mows down builder - Dec 09, 2011
- Alighting passenger run over by bus - Oct 19, 2011
- One dead in DTC bus accident (Lead) - Jul 15, 2011
- Metro construction picks up; traffic snarls expected - Apr 21, 2012
- Women raped by cab driver in south Delhi - Dec 13, 2011
- Kidnapping bid foiled - Sep 23, 2011
- Conductor crushed to death under own bus - Jan 18, 2011
- Headless body mystery solved, one held - Jul 01, 2011
- Metro Phase III will be built by 2016 - May 02, 2012
- UP cop hit by speeding bus, critical - Jun 25, 2012
- 14-year-old boy crushed to death by tanker - Aug 16, 2010
- Court sends activist's death probe to crime branch (Lead) - May 21, 2012
- BSF trooper run over by speeding vehicle - Feb 22, 2012
- Jail van rams into bus stop, one dead - Jul 30, 2011