Two Nigerians, two women held for drug traffickingMay 19th, 2008 - 9:02 pm ICT by admin
New Delhi, May 19 (IANS) Two Nigerian men and two Delhi women have been arrested in three separate incidents of drug trafficking here, the police said Monday. Uzoigwe Okechukwu Isaac, 23, and Ezeigbo Madubuchi Prince, 22, were arrested Sunday evening near Satyam Cinema in Nehru Place in south Delhi, where they were to supply cocaine to some clients.
The police said five gram of cocaine was recovered from each of them.
Deputy Commissioner of Police (Narcotics) A.S. Cheema said Isaac, at present residing in Mumbai, came to India for a month but had overstayed though his visa expired.
Isaac has also been booked under the Foreigners Act, he said.
Cheema said Prince, who lives in Mukherji Nagar area of the capital, came to India in December 2007 on a business visa. He was carrying on illegal activities in the garb of a garments dealer, the officer said.
“Investigations revealed that kingpin of this cocaine racket is Morris, who is based in Mumbai and supplies the contraband through his associates located across India. All three - Prince, Isaac and Morris - hail from the same place in Nigeria,” Cheema said.
In another incident, the police held 38-year-old Veena, resident of Patel Nagar, at Welcome Station and recovered 300 gram of heroin concealed in her clothes.
According to officials, she has been arrested in a similar case earlier.
In the third case, the police arrested Miraz alias Gudia near Sheila Cinema in Paharganj area. The 37-year-old had come to deliver 100 gm of heroin to a client, a police official said.
- Two arrested for peddling cocaine - Aug 28, 2012
- Three Nigerians held with drugs in Delhi - May 20, 2011
- Nigerian held with cocaine in Delhi - Mar 12, 2012
- Drugs seized, five arrested - Aug 08, 2011
- Drugs worth Rs.93 lakh seized, four heldin Delhi - Jul 30, 2011
- 43 foreigners overstayed, 7 Nigerians missing: Goa minister - Mar 19, 2011
- African held with Rs.2 crore-worth cocaine at Delhi airport (Lead) - Jan 23, 2012
- Man held for drug trafficking - Sep 16, 2011
- Two Nigerians held for running drug racket - Mar 30, 2011
- South African, woman arrested for drug peddling - Jan 08, 2012
- Nigerian arrested with Rs.2.5 crore of cocaine - Mar 02, 2012
- 61-year-old peddler arrested with drugs worth Rs.3 crore - Jul 13, 2012
- Drug trafficker held - Mar 30, 2011
- Nigerian drug peddler held in Delhi (Lead) - Jan 11, 2011
- Nigerian held with Rs.40 lakh cocaine - May 03, 2011