Two Nigerians held in Hyderabad for supplying drugsOctober 23rd, 2011 - 9:22 pm ICT by IANS
Hyderabad, Oct 23 (IANS) Hyderabad police Sunday arrested two Nigerians for supplying cocaine to a customer in the city.
Sakiry Oladotum Akinsola, 53, and Okechnkwu Ohazurike, 30, were arrested in upscale Jubliee Hills neighbourhood. Four grams of cocaine and two cell phones were seized from them, police said.
Sakiry, a businessman settled in Hyderabad, supplies machine spare parts to Nigeria. He is a regular consumer of cocaine and buys cocaine from Jackson of Uganda, police said.
Sakiry, during his stay in Hyderabad, came into contact with Okechnkwu, who was doing wholesale garments business in Mumbai and is also a drug peddler. The duo were supplying drugs to some customers in Hyderabad, police said.
The two Nigerians were arrested a day after four Nigerians were arrested in Mumbai for allegedly duping online a person from Guntur district of Rs.8.82 lakh.
Police officials said the four accused were being brought to Hyderabad on transit remand.
In a similar case of online fraud, Hyderabad police last month arrested four Nigerians in Delhi.
- Goa Police to probe African drug peddlers' nexus - Jun 13, 2012
- Nigerian arrested with cocaine in Delhi - May 18, 2012
- Two Nigerians held for running drug racket - Mar 30, 2011
- Two arrested for peddling cocaine - Aug 28, 2012
- Two foreigners held for drug trafficking - Oct 13, 2011
- Telugu actor's kin held for buying drugs - Aug 20, 2010
- Drug racket busted in Hyderabad, two held - Jul 23, 2011
- Nigerian arrested with Rs.2.5 crore of cocaine - Mar 02, 2012
- Nigerian held for drug peddling - Feb 02, 2011
- Nigerian arrested with cocaine - Feb 25, 2011
- Two Nigerians held in Bangalore for selling cocaine - Jul 05, 2010
- Gurgaon police bust drug gang - May 25, 2012
- Nigerian drug peddler held in Delhi (Lead) - Jan 11, 2011
- Nigerian held with cocaine worth Rs.1.75 crore - Jan 01, 2012
- Woman, Ugandan arrested for drug trafficking - Mar 01, 2012