Two Nigerian heroin smugglers jailed for 10 yearsMay 30th, 2009 - 9:11 pm ICT by IANS
Chandigarh, May 30 (IANS) Two Nigerians and a Punjab resident were Saturday jailed for 10 years for smuggling heroin.
Additional District and Sessions Judge Raj Shekhar Attri also slapped a fine of Rs.1,000,000 on each of them.
According to police, the Nigerians, Mandy Osimia and Victory, were arrested from near the Punjab Engineering College here in 2006. They had gone there to deliver four kg of heroin to Harvinder Singh, a resident of Amritsar, around 250 km from here.
“We got a tip-off from our sources and after laying a trap, we caught the three smugglers. Victory was acting as the broker in the deal,” said the investigating officer of the case.
- 75 kg of heroin seized in Punjab - Apr 06, 2011
- Two held with 6 kg of heroin in Punjab - Apr 17, 2010
- 12 kg heroin seized in Amritsar, 3 arrested - Aug 29, 2011
- One held with Rs.10.45 lakh in fake currency - Apr 16, 2011
- Smuggler arrested with 14 kg heroin in Punjab - Jan 11, 2011
- Three held with drugs worth Rs.40 crore - Jul 10, 2011
- Sharp hike in heroin smuggling across Punjab border - Aug 21, 2012
- Heroin worth Rs.35 crore seized in Punjab - Sep 25, 2009
- Pakistani smuggler killed along Punjab border - Mar 18, 2010
- Man held with 23 kg opium in Punjab - Jul 11, 2011
- Six foreigners held with heroin worth Rs.11 crore - Aug 05, 2011
- Rs.200,000 counterfeit currency found, one held - May 24, 2011
- Three smugglers held with drugs, fake currency in Amritsar - Jul 04, 2012
- Punjab Police seize 8kg heroin from a Nigerian national - Jan 08, 2010
- No one cures Punjab's drug problem (Punjab Newsletter) - Feb 10, 2012