Two Nepali women arrested with drugs in Uttar PradeshJune 10th, 2009 - 2:15 pm ICT by IANS
Lucknow, June 10 (IANS) Two women from Nepal were arrested in Uttar Pradesh’s Bareilly district with about 25 kg of opium worth Rs.5 million, police said Wednesday.
The women were nabbed Tuesday evening. They said they were going to Uttarakhand to hand over the consignment to their clients, Police Inspector Chandrapal Singh told IANS on phone.
Both of them have admitted that they are involved in a drug smuggling racket that operates from Nepal.
“On the basis of the statements given by the two women, we have contacted the Nepal police and Uttarakhand police to nab others involved in the racket,” said Singh.
- Six drug peddlers arrested - Mar 29, 2011
- Two held with opium worth Rs.7 crore - Jul 27, 2010
- Three Nepali women held with cannabis - Sep 13, 2011
- Two Nepali drug peddlers held in Uttar Pradesh - Dec 23, 2010
- Nepali women held with Rs.20 lakh drugs - Sep 29, 2011
- Drug peddler held with Rs.20 lakh cannabis - Jan 06, 2011
- Two drug peddlers held with heroin worth over Rs.1 crore - Jan 29, 2011
- Two women held with cannabis worth Rs.3 crore - Feb 24, 2011
- Three drug peddlers nabbed in Uttar Pradesh - Dec 27, 2010
- Two held with antique idol worth Rs.20 mn - Feb 09, 2011
- Two drug peddlers held in Uttar Pradesh - Sep 09, 2011
- Two arrested with Rs.2 crore antique idol - Aug 02, 2011
- Arms smuggler held in Uttar Pradesh - Jan 08, 2011
- Two Nepali women held with drugs - Dec 14, 2010
- Two drug peddlers nabbed with Rs.50 lakh worth heroin - Jan 21, 2011